1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.
  3. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!
  4. Hey folks! We were alerted to a bug where several hundred members somehow got permanent paid memberships. We're going through and correcting that now. Somehow some of you somehow got yeaaaaaaars of free memberships, and, well, it happens. If your membership accidentally is turned off please post in the Service & Support forum thread with your transaction ID and I'll fix it

EBay "FreeShipping.Com"

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by vcbvcbvcb, Dec 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vcbvcbvcb

vcbvcbvcb

Aug 1, 2012
    I bought something on EBay recently and a "POP-UP" sent me to a service called "FreeShipping.Com"? I couldn't figure out if there was a cost (hidden or otherwise). Has anyone use it and it worth the cost or effort? Thanks

2. Square_peg

Square_peg

Feb 1, 2012
    If it's true then how do they make money and stay in business? If it's not true then what other lies are they telling you?

3. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    Run!

No such thing as "free." Someone pays.

4. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    Heh. That's actually not as sinister as I was anticipating. I thought they would be pulling one of those "the customer is the product" schemes where you'd be effectively exchanging the personal information of customers (as transaction data) for the service. The mined data could then be sold to targeted advertisers.

5. vcbvcbvcb

vcbvcbvcb

Aug 1, 2012
    Sometimes it pays not to click a button that looks too good.

6. Alnamvet68

Alnamvet68

Mar 26, 2013
    Perhaps one should avoid ebay at all costs; I know I have, and have never been the victim of a scam.

7. Freeshipping.com

Freeshipping.com Banned BANNED

Dec 15, 2015
    Hi there! Freeshipping.com is a membership based program that offers its members a variety of benefits which I have listed below for you.

– 10% cash back and free shipping at over 1,000 online stores, from popular brand-name retailers to niche and specialty merchants
    – Rebates of up to $10 per order and up to $500 a year if you do pay for shipping on a purchase you make through FreeShipping.com
    – Unlimited access to free return shipping, via FedEx Ground®, on any order you make through us
    – Return shipping rebates of up to $10 per return and up to $500 a year if you can't or don't use FedEx Ground to send a purchase back
    – A price protection guarantee that covers up to $100 per purchase and up to $1,000 a year if you find a recent purchase advertised for less
    – Exclusive coupons that offer additional savings at participating retailers
    – A search engine that instantly compares the price of any item sold in our network of 1,000+ retailers

There is a trial period then a monthly fee of $12.97.

You can cancel at any time online, via email or phone, but we think the benefits will keep you coming back!

Thank you and have a great day!

8. Morrow

Morrow Don't make this weird Staff Member Super Mod

Apr 11, 2007
    This thread doesn't belong in this forum...moving to Feedback.

9. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    A scammer and a spammer. Awesome:thumbup:

10. AVigil

AVigil knifemaker working the grind Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Platinum Member

Feb 17, 2009
    At least they came on here and stated their case.

Better then ignoring it like so many other companies do.

If someone joins something like that it is their own fault.

11. vcbvcbvcb

vcbvcbvcb

Aug 1, 2012
    Morrow, lest I make another posting boo boo, where do I post questions about saws?

12. LEGION 12

LEGION 12 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2009
    The axe forum.

13. Morrow

Morrow Don't make this weird Staff Member Super Mod

Apr 11, 2007
    The axe forum could work or the Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.