• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad eBay seller Anthony.M.Wade

A friend of mine, S smallzay just recently bought a knife from this guy and it was a clone. I just wanted to share this interaction with you guys because it blows my mind this guy is getting away with this. The knife was a bugout and the pics in the listing were of a genuine bugout but the knife that he received was clearly a clone. He filed an item not as described case with eBay and the seller immediately refunded. S smallzay and a few others had recently left negative feedback and here was his response.
D74E8A44-DBA3-4F1A-B08B-5E8124972DD8.jpeg

It was listed at $119.00 I believe. I also just discovered another thread started about his shenanigans on blade forums.

It was listed at $119.00 I believe. I also just discovered another thread started about his shenanigans on blade forums.

WHat makes it worse is that guy is bold enough to sell all the fakes at regular retail prices. He Sold folders and many autos and was banking on us.
If that's the same one, he posted on reddit not long ago with his Benchmade knives.

Last edited:
I don’t know if that’s his Reddit account, but the screen names he used here match the eBay account.
These accounts were registered same day on both sites. Ebay won't Let him sell autos that's why he turn to reddit.
WHat makes it worse is that guy is bold enough to sell all the fakes at regular retail prices. He Sold folders and many autos on Internet

Last edited:
What blows my mind about the whole situation is that since the guy refunded he is able to have his negative feedback removed. So he is back to 100% positive and will continue to be able to sell counterfeits.
If true , this makes Ebay's reviews and seller ratings worse than meaningless ...an outright scam ! :mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

But I've not run into this personally . Maybe just lucky ?

What blows my mind about the whole situation is that since the guy refunded he is able to have his negative feedback removed. So he is back to 100% positive and will continue to be able to sell counterfeits.

If true , this makes Ebay's reviews and seller ratings worse than meaningless ...an outright scam ! :mad::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

But I've not run into this personally . Maybe just lucky ?
I had this happen recently on some bike brake pads. Guy was selling advertised, and with a stock photo of, a new in package item. Pads came with no packaging. I needed them so no return was possible. I asked the guy about it and he was a dick. Left negative feedback letting other people know they were buying bulk brakes not meant for retail sales. They guy went nutty and kept emailing me bragging about how he'd get the negative removed. Sure enough, it was, with no explanation from ebay. Turns out, if you don't file a claim and try to resolve an issue, sellers have a certain amount of leway in asking for feedback to be removed, even something like 5 they can get removed no questions asked.

I kept reporting his item and sent ebay pictures he was dumb enough to send me of a bulk box of brake pads he used to justify not selling a new in box item as described. He now at least lists them as new other and says they are without packaging but still, no one knows the crazy way he acted or how he thought it was okay to sell not as described. It was a major turn-off for ever using ebay again when before I would without question trust a high feedback big volume seller for basic things.

I use to think ebay sided with the buyer and it was relatively safe. I now understand that ebay sides with ebay and will manipulate the numbers to do so even though they constantly say they have the buyer's back.

Last edited:
Back