EDC (Every Day Carry) by Daniel Koster

Love it, the wait is the hard part but after having one for a while am not going to let it go once I get it. THANKS!

ras - and indeed it shall !!!

:D

Dan
KosterKnives

Hey Dan,

I sent you an e-mail regarding the possibility of being added to the EDC list.
Please let me know.

Thanks,
Gary

I've got you on the list. I sent a bunch out for heat-treat - hooray!!!

Dan

Dan, just received my 3v. Unfortunately the tip rolled. The way it was packaged plus the superb handling by local Australian post, i.e. chucked to the ground, had the knife slid its cardboard wrap and puncture the box hitting the ground.. Any chance of salvaging this?

Just a suggestion, it's better to package the knife with a cardboard sleeve on the blade resting against the handle rather than wrapping the entire knife in cardboard. With a cardboard sleeve against the handle, it will prevent the blade from slipping no matter how stupid the mailman is.. and yer blades are so sharp it will slice through any packaging..

Anyway, tis a brand new knife.. :( Any advice will be appreciated.

Hey Dan, did these get back from heat treat yet? Thanks

Yes - I glued up a bunch 2 days ago. Once the handles are done, I can start on finishing the grinds and then yours will be ready to go. I know it seems backwards, but it's the way I work.

pic fail....

Old thread - I updated my website with more pics: www.kosterknives.com/knives/edc

Dan, just received my 3v. Unfortunately the tip rolled. The way it was packaged plus the superb handling by local Australian post, i.e. chucked to the ground, had the knife slid its cardboard wrap and puncture the box hitting the ground.. Any chance of salvaging this?

Just a suggestion, it's better to package the knife with a cardboard sleeve on the blade resting against the handle rather than wrapping the entire knife in cardboard. With a cardboard sleeve against the handle, it will prevent the blade from slipping no matter how stupid the mailman is.. and yer blades are so sharp it will slice through any packaging..

Anyway, tis a brand new knife.. :( Any advice will be appreciated.

Email sent. FYI - arislan's knife is a Bushcraft, not an EDC. ;)

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Dan

No worries Dan, mine is a skeleton without handles, I am going to finish it out like the woodlore. Sorry to be so needy, but I gave my dad the 3" one I had for Xmas and sure miss it. The 3V is a tough steel and really preforms well. Thanks again Martin

This was a long wait but got it today and it was worth it Dan. Thanks Martin

Glad it arrived safe and to a happy home. :D Feel free to post pics once you get it done.

Dan

Dan got the scales finished in Bruce Harners blue jean Mycarta now ready for work Thanks

hi Dan
I have already wait one year and nine month your knife , you said : ''Completion date for these will be Feb 2011'' now we are in October 2012 and I do not need your knife, and I have not more intention to wait other time, so I ask you to refund me the money for the payment that I have sent to you.

thanks

Davicom

your knife is finished. I have a note here saying to hold it. Perhaps there was a miscommunication on my part? I sincerely apologize. Are you ok if I ship it today?

Ok Dan,
if you ship the knife today is ok for me, and I wait other 10 day to arrive me
But no more .
Thanks

Davicom

Yes - last week I was able to get the blades stone-washed (tumbled). As soon as I'm done with these Bushcraft blanks, I'll be gluing up the EDCs that I have. I'll see if I can get a pic.
:thumbup:

EDC orders have been glued-up. Should be done next week!
:thumbup:
Dan

Back