1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

EDC/Hunter (sold)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by Alan Warren Knives, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Alan Warren Knives

Alan Warren Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 31, 2009
    Hello Folks, This is a new design. I used about the first 2.7 in. of the Loveless DP profile on this one. Hope you like what I have done with the rest of it. Its actually quite comfy in hand and of course I think its cool. It is finely finished and made to be used.

Blade is CTS BDIN .141 thick and 3.187 tip to bolsters. O/A is 7.875. Heat treated with cryo and double tempered. I polish and hand finish with 2000 grit. VERY SHARP.

Bolsters are CF held tight with .092 bronze welding rod.

Handle is Black G10 with thin Orange G10 liners, stainless pins and brass lanyard hole.
    I hollow grind the tang leaving about .187 of flat around the edge so the epoxy has a place to stay.

Sheath is hand tooled and hand stitched 8-9 ounce leather. I use the Loveless cam idea to hold the knife very secure yet its easy to withdraw.

Asking (sold) shipped in the USA. Which I think is a great price for the knife and what goes into it. The most asked question of a knife maker has got to be. "How long does it take to make that knife". I think for me the best answer has always been about 20 years which of course is how long I have been making them. My paypal is [email protected]
    Thanks to all for having a look. Alan

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    neal70, Bmurray, varga49 and 2 others like this.
  2. Carl Colson

Carl Colson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 4, 2016
    great job allen:thumbsup:

3. Eric Bosworth

Eric Bosworth

Dec 30, 2008
    I'll take it

neal70 likes this.
  4. bwlacey

bwlacey Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Another beauty, Alan!

Walt

5. Alan Warren Knives

Alan Warren Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 31, 2009
    Thanks Eric, You own it. Payment received.

Thanks Guys for your comments.

6. neal70

neal70 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    The handle contours are amazing here.
    Thanks, Neal

7. Alan Warren Knives

Dec 31, 2009
    Thanks Neal.

8. N.E.Tim

N.E.Tim Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Alan,
    FANTASTIC LOOKING QUALITY KNIFE.

9. Alan Warren Knives

Dec 31, 2009
    Thanks Tim, As always Man.

10. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Very nice Alan, I love that sheath work.

11. Alan Warren Knives

Dec 31, 2009
    Thanks Scott