EDC II Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was camping, so some combination of these guys:

53F264F3-610B-4521-84AD-508725D26D84-2471-000002A62477F762.jpg

gb.jpg

D0A28902-6682-4C94-9FE9-A190BDE224AC-2471-000002A610142DA0.jpg

A knife :)
Made by Sacha Thiel (french knifemaker - Thiel, you already know him trough the PPT => Perrin - Perroti - Thiel), it's a TI frame-lock, damasteel blade ("hakkapella"), and carbon fiber instert.

> http://www.sthiel.fr

Hey .LuD. you seem to have a very impressive collection of french custom knives.
Could you maybe make a thread about french custom knifemakers on the forums? I don't think there's much information about these blades in here, so that would truly be a nice move. ;-)

To stay on topic:
This guy, made it myself.
Wharnie-1.jpg

Hey .LuD. you seem to have a very impressive collection of french custom knives.
Could you maybe make a thread about french custom knifemakers on the forums? I don't think there's much information about these blades in here, so that would truly be a nice move. ;-)

Good idea, but, should I do one thread for one knifemaker, or just one thread with my collection ?

Last edited:
Are those with or without the Asian lady on the back? :D
Not sure Aric; there's a lady with a microscope though... Is that what you mean?

Man that's a bit of Monopoly money!! ;)
Thanks man, that's what these new bills feel like; lol! :D

I am jealous of everyone who owns a Volt! Say, I have a knife or two that could aid in guarding that money ;).
Nah, you wouldn't like the Volt at all Steel! ;) I'm there's many blades that would work equally well in guarding the cash! :thumbup:

Are those the bills that smell like maple?
Ha! Funny enough they do have a sickly sweet smell to them as they're brand new bills straight from the bank...

:thumbup:

Representin Canada, ;) just under 9G's
p2.jpg
Nice man, I'm jealous!

On topic:

Awesome Volt & Pentagon Elite 1...

C360_2012-08-23-10-09-44.jpg

Last edited:
Chris Reeve Large Sebenza 21 and Spyderco Chaparral. :cool:
CRKSpy2.jpg

At least for the moment. Excited to get a knife I have coming in from a trade today. :D

Work of the fun sort, used the Case Texas jack to open the package containing the Camillus TL-29.

CaseCamilluspackage.jpg

Hm... I wanted to smoke a fine cigar about two hours ago, when I came home from work. I couldn´t find the cigar cutter, maybe it´s lost.

So I took the #33 for doing it, and it made a fine job, I think

IMG_1891.jpg

IMG_1892.jpg

The cigar cutter made the same thing to a cigar... even worse ;)

Was a fine tasting nicaraguan robusto cigar :D

Kind regards
Andi
Andi,
I always use my knife to cut my cigars, but I find that a different technique works better for me (especially using a pocket knife).
Next time, give this a try.
Holding the blade perpendicular to the cigar, but facing the end (not the side), cut a V-shaped notch in the end of the cigar with two cuts of the blade. This will avoid tearing the wrapper up the side, as is so common when one cuts off the entire end.
Make sense? Let me see if I can find a photo...
Here you go:
Vcut1.jpgVcut2.jpg
You can make the cut wider or smaller, depending on how you want the cigar to draw. Also, it helps minimize having to spit out little pieces of tobacco the whole time you're smoking. ;)
Just my two cents, my preferred way to cut a cigar with my pocket knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back