EDC: Knife & Flashlight combination

I know of quite a number of people who carry a knife and somewhere in their pockets, there lurks a flashlight.

The flashlight is usually one of those small, very bright ones. Personally, I think it is a good combination. A flashlight is often useful in the most unlikely places. For example, under a table, inside a cupboard or inside a stalled elevator.

I have an all-in-one tool. A small multi-tool that comes a mini, ultra-bright lights. Great for all occasions.

So what's your FK(flashlight/knife) combo? :)

My EDC knife changes all the time, but I always have my Surefire E2e with TID on me. Today, my primary EDC knife is a large Buck/Strider Spearpoint.

I had an Arc AAA too, but it got lost...:(

I have an Arc AAA on a carbiner with my keys on a beltloop whenever I'm wearing clothes. When I'm not, I have a CMG Infinity Ultra on a neck lanyard. Always present: EDC piece, SAK Tinker, small and useful. EDC is of course augmented with a larger folder where necessary.

Looking to get a Arc LSx when I have the spare cash.

Edited for weird use of word "omnipresent".

Lately it is this strapped on my back

standard

and this around my neck :)

m3ha_large.jpg

RL

My EDC combo is:

A SOG CrossCut in the watch pocket, along with a (blue) Photon II. I also carry a SS Spyderco Police (SE), and a SS Spyderco Delica (PE)...One in each front pocket, along with a SOG Deluxe Pocket PowerPlier on my belt. That little Photon II has come in handy more than once, and it gives-off a pretty good amount of (non-blinding) light, and due to its' small size, it's ALWAYS with me.

That depends how I am dressed :)

Spyderco military
Bud Nealy Kwaito
Photon
Inova X5

1.jpg

2.jpg

Any Spyderco with my current Surefire G2 Nitrolon is my current current knife/light combo.

This includes more than just my favorite knife/light combo, but does include everything I carry at work, so it would be pretty hard to pare it down anymore. But bottom line my Surefire goes everywhere I do. Now I just need to talk Dwayne (leatherman) to make me a good sheath for it.

USN%20EDC%202.jpg

i carry a matriarch for self defense and a surefire e2e, it is my favorite flashlite,also i have a photon 3 white on my stinger and a photon 3 tuquoise on my keychain

I can have any combination of knives depending on the day and where I'm going.Typically,it's the Kershaw Vapor II,SwissChamp,Leatherman Wave,Schrade 70T,and/or Leatherman Pulse. Recently I've started carrying a mini-maglight, either on me, or in the briefcase.:)

Strider Tactical GB, Inova X5t, CMG Infinity Ultra.

Usually a firearm of some sort; G27 or 30.

Weekdays, LM Juice S2 and Spyderco Rescue Jr, same old, same old.

For flashlights, I carry a green Photon II on my keychain, and I was carrying a white Arc AAA in my pocket. The Arc died though, and I can't find where I stashed it to send it in for repair. So, I'm carrying my white CMG Infinity Ultra instead.

Weekends, it varies.

Current edc.

219webpics_15.jpg

Normally, it's a Strider MFS, an Emerson CQC-7B, a Spyderco Dodo, and a Surefire E2e with LED head. Sometimes I carry the Surefire C3.

You know, I've never really been in a situation where I've really needed a flashlight on me. So, I don't carry one.

I always got an Inova keychain light on me, but when I'm carrying a real flashlight, it's a black Surefire G2 Nitrolon along with a CRKT KFF, Spydie Endura or EKI Mini-Commander (those are the knives in my EDC rotation that see the most carry time).
I think the most aesthetically pleasing combo is the Surefire with the Mini-Com.

Knives:

Benchmade 806D2 AFCK
Victorinox Tinker
Victorinox SwissTool X
1SKS Titanium Credit Card Knife
Leatherman Squirt P4

Light:

Photon II (in white)

(maybe I need more lights...

-John

Back