1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

EDC knife under $60

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Matterock, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Matterock

Matterock

Sep 16, 2014
    I have been looking for a good knife that I can use for everyday use. I'd like an assisted opening knife. Any knives you would consider?

2. Munzer

Munzer Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Have you looked at the Kershaw Blur, can be had around $60, and likely less if you scour the exhange here on the forum.

3. glocker199

glocker199

Mar 14, 2005
    I lIke the SOG Flash II, about $40-45, or Aegis, around $55, better than anything else in the under $60 range. Very useful blade shape, AUS-8A, assisted opening, deep carry clip and I much prefer the lock to frame/liner locks.

4. DREW78

DREW78

Feb 23, 2006
    I'll second a Kershaw blur. Maybe look at Spyderco's Delica too.

5. Daddyo16

Daddyo16

Jan 12, 2012
    Kershaw Blur
    Kershaw Oso Sweet
    Kershaw Leek
    SOG Flash I

6. squarebox86

squarebox86

Feb 6, 2014
    Another vote for the Spyderco Delica!

7. neffarious

neffarious Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 23, 2012
    As much as i would recommend the delica, he said assisted. Kershaw Piston. Sandvik Steel, assisted, G10 handle, 3.5 inch blade. The river store has it for 60 on the head.

8. TTpower

TTpower

Apr 20, 2007
    OP wants an assisted knife so the Delica won't fit the bill. The Delica would be a good EDC though if OP would consider something that is not assisted opening.

9. Matterock

Matterock

Sep 16, 2014
    I do like the blur, the aegis and the oso sweet.

10. Surfingringo

Surfingringo Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2013
    Spyderco Endura and Delica can both be had for under $60 right now. Either one is a lot of knife for the money.

Edit: sorry, just read the part where you said you want assisted opening. Umm, are you sure? :barf: :D

11. Matterock

Matterock

Sep 16, 2014
    Yeah I don't really like the deployment of a non assisted

12. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Kershaw Piston, knockout, Blur. That Black and green knockout looks cool!

13. Matterock

Matterock

Sep 16, 2014
    I actually really like that knockout, the green does look good

14. GlockandBalls

GlockandBalls

Jul 30, 2013
    There are some knives that are so smooth, you really dont need the assisted. And for $60 I can think of a bunch. Many guys actually de-assist their assisted blades for this reason and because there is more chance of failure/broken parts.

If you have to get assisted, there are many kershaws. If you step up a bit in price the Benchmade Mini Barrage is pretty sweet.

Deploy a Rat 1 and you will see there is no need for assisted opening. But they are cool.

15. fuzzynuk

fuzzynuk

Jul 17, 2014
    You can get the new assisted opening rats. Never messed with an a.o. one but should be good. Everything else about the rat is.
    If not then I say look at Kershaw. They have a lot of speed safe knives

16. fuzzynuk

fuzzynuk

Jul 17, 2014
    Do you have any other preferences besides a.o.?

17. Matterock

Matterock

Sep 16, 2014
    Not really, but I do like a lot pf the kershaw knives

18. SpydrMan

SpydrMan

Jul 20, 2014
    I'm not big on assisted blades so I haven't owned a ton of them. The best AO blade I've owned is the Kershaw Leek. Second is the Kershaw Blur, although I think the Blur is a better knife de-assisted. Both can be had for $60 or less. If the OP would consider manual openers I could recommend much better knives for the money.

19. Matterock

Matterock

Sep 16, 2014
    Ok what are some manual openers

20. fuzzynuk

fuzzynuk

Jul 17, 2014
    There's all the Ontario folders. The utilitac and the rats which are a lot of bang for your buck for sub $30 knives. And they all open so smoothly that you won't miss a.o.