EDC Pistols: What's in your holsters?

I was told the lighter magnums effected the forcing cone.

I remember reading that being a case with the old K-frame revolvers like the Model 19, because on some models the bottom of the forcing cone was much thinner than on the other sides, because of relief cuts for the cylinder rod.

But then metallurgy was different back then. I don't know about the subject today.

Edit: Ugh, now I've depressed myself. One revolver I wanted more than any other was the Classic Model 19, with 4" barrel and target style walnut grips. But because of the forcing cone issue I abandoned that desire.

I know that warning on the barrel wouldn't exist without a reason for being there, but I've never seen a .357 Magnum round that has a bullet weighing less than 120 gr.
I used to shoot 110gr 357s. It was my favorite rounds out of my Smith 686s. Light recoil, for a 357:)

3UmlKOp.jpg

G20 - kind of pushing it for IWB but it inspires confidence none the less :)

Edit: Vedder litetuck holster

I remember reading that being a case with the old K-frame revolvers like the Model 19, because on some models the bottom of the forcing cone was much thinner than on the other sides, because of relief cuts for the cylinder rod.

But then metallurgy was different back then. I don't know about the subject today.

Edit: Ugh, now I've depressed myself. One revolver I wanted more than any other was the Classic Model 19, with 4" barrel and target style walnut grips. But because of the forcing cone issue I abandoned that desire.
If you’re still chasing that model 19 let me know. I have a very nice blued 19-4 with a 4 inch barrel that I’d let go to a good home. It doesn’t get any use here, maybe fired 100 rounds through it in the last 20 years.

I carry a glock 34 gen 5. Nothing special but working on the small upgrades as I can. Good size handgun but also feels good when you hold it.
I have a Gen 3. Nice gun. Not one that I can EDC, but if you can, you can't really beat it.

I have a Gen 3. Nice gun. Not one that I can EDC, but if you can, you can't really beat it.
I felt the same way but since the world is sue happy and every round counts I want to make sure that if I am in the need of it that I have something I am 100% positive I can control and make my marksmanship worth it. Plus I use a half drop carry holster. I don't like in the waste band or pocket style. Lol. All user preferences

I felt the same way but since the world is sue happy and every round counts I want to make sure that if I am in the need of it that I have something I am 100% positive I can control and make my marksmanship worth it. Plus I use a half drop carry holster. I don't like in the waste band or pocket style. Lol. All user preferences
I got mine cut for an RMR... just waiting to find another one on sale to put on it.
I think I already shoot it better than any other pistol; but as I've gotten older, my eyes have made it harder and harder to get good accurate hits. Speed has fallen way off (I shoot IDPA). I never was GREAT, but I got pretty decent years ago. So now I'm working my way back up, but in the Carry Optics class.

Back