EDC VI Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
eka01_zps1rpjhqiv.jpg

EKA Swede 38 SS (Sandvik 12C27)

-Brett

Awesome! Been reading Howard off and on for nigh on 40 years. Long live Conan.
2b4d41e09bdbd2e32ae17c204496c76b.jpg

Yep!:D

It's the Steelcraft one. Great little knife;)

Yea, I saw the thread on it. I watched your vid, really nice knife. The Bodega is one of my grails. I just don't get why they did those funky snail eyes on the Steelcraft version, but that wouldnt be a deal killer for me. I wonder if they'll do a full size steelcraft Bodega.

Sick buddy! Gotta get myself a Ritter Grip sometime.

Micarta action as well this Monday ( and almost every other day :rolleyes: )

Yes you do need a Ritter Grip and once you get one, you will want two ;) I'm building another one now with custom Micarta (of course) scales. Love love love the stuff...

Imagine if CRK made a Sebenza with a full micarta scale? ou la la

My carry today

Enrique makes a beautiful lockback and Victorinox makes the best multi tool;) controversial I know.... But true!:D

You know, it's wierd. I gave the whole Sebenza thing a whack. Just can't justify the whole "I'm gonna go beat the crap out of this $400+ knife" thing. Found myself hesitating to use it on harder tasks. Is the Sebenza 21 a well made knife? Absolutely. Is it worth the price tag? Opinions vary, but I say Yes, very worth the price tag.

But I don't go out and thrash on my Focus either. If I want to go off roading, that's what the F250 is for. Would I go off roading in a brand new truck? Once again, probably not.

So here I am, back to my Wilson ELC. A knife I discovered a few months back, and have been fortunate enough to acquire 2 of. Not too pricey (about $120ish on the secondary market), good steel (both of mine are in Elmax), great grippy handle, and good USEFUL blade shape. The DLC coating is also very stout.

So yeah, all the Sebenza's, Medfords, and Emerson's in the world won't do me a lick of good if I don't use em. Do people indeed use those higher end knives? Absolutely. Are those knives built for it? Hell yes. But for me, I just don't have the desire or the means to go thrash on $400 knives, so I will stick to this little beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back