EDC - What's In Your Pocket(s)??? Part 2

plOeTGo.jpg

Gotta say I'm very happy with my EDC currently, and have really tweaked everything to my liking.

Watch: Certina DS Diver. Had this for almost five years now, still not tired of it. Not as sexy as Rolex, but very reliable and practical watch for every situation.
Knife: Hiroaki Ohta FK5. This obviously rotates. The black sleeve is for the knife and is made by me.
Comb: Kent Slim Jim. Great comb for short beard and dense enough for mustache too.
Pen: Fisher Space Pen (raw brass). Not much of a writer-on-the-go, so that's why I like it compact. Bonus points for being able to write on uneven surfaces and in cold. Some note papers in the wallet.
Wallet: Pouch wallet I made. Takes cards, some cash, band-aid and few note papers. Takes stuff but is comfy in front pocket.
Keys: Just few keys and Japanese brass hook with no knick-knacks.
Torch: Forgot it from the pic although I don't really carry it during the summer. Anyways, it is Fenix PD25. Perfect size, powerful enough for outdoors too and tail switch is absolute must.

Sorry for the exhausting read! :D

I also run a Kent Beard comb, i have the short one handed beard comb. I also don't run a flashlight as often as I should. I love my baton pro but I seem to always leave it on days that I need it most, job walk in a dark room or mech yard. I struggle with a proper EDC and being a minimalist. I hate having a bunch of stupid stuff in pocket but then I'm mad when I don't have it haha. Cheers!!

Last edited:
I also run a Kent Bread comb, i have the short one handed beard comb. I also don't run a flashlight as often as I should. I love my baton pro but I seem to always leave it on days that I need it most, job walk in a dark room or mech yard. I struggle with a proper EDC and being a minimalist. I hate having a bunch of stupid stuff in pocket but then I'm mad when I don't have it haha. Cheers!!

Yeah, you better have it or you'll need it! :D I don't carry mine in the summer because the sun barely sets here.
During the winter it's mostly dark in the contrast and then I do carry, not only to see but to be seen too (walking with the dog).

Yeah, you better have it or you'll need it! :D I don't carry mine in the summer because the sun barely sets here.
During the winter it's mostly dark in the contrast and then I do carry, not only to see but to be seen too (walking with the dog).

I carry extra flashlights/batteries during the summer. Monsoon season here is no joke, and power outages are an almost certainty.

plOeTGo.jpg

Gotta say I'm very happy with my EDC currently, and have really tweaked everything to my liking.

Watch: Certina DS Diver. Had this for almost five years now, still not tired of it. Not as sexy as Rolex, but very reliable and practical watch for every situation.
Knife: Hiroaki Ohta FK5. This obviously rotates. The black sleeve is for the knife and is made by me.
Comb: Kent Slim Jim. Great comb for short beard and dense enough for mustache too.
Pen: Fisher Space Pen (raw brass). Not much of a writer-on-the-go, so that's why I like it compact. Bonus points for being able to write on uneven surfaces and in cold. Some note papers in the wallet.
Wallet: Pouch wallet I made. Takes cards, some cash, band-aid and few note papers. Takes stuff but is comfy in front pocket.
Keys: Just few keys and Japanese brass hook with no knick-knacks.
Torch: Forgot it from the pic although I don't really carry it during the summer. Anyways, it is Fenix PD25. Perfect size, powerful enough for outdoors too and tail switch is absolute must.

Sorry for the exhausting read! :D

Looks good! Someday, I'll get my perfect system figured out. I don't like rotating different items. I want to be more minimalistic, but I always feel the need to carry more to be prepared for everyday life... But I also like knives, and that's a never ending journey ;).

I actually do not own a camera. In my front right pocket, A William Henry Damascus Kestrel but it is not one of the super expensive ones, A Hanko Timascus flashlight bought new, one of those key systems, my car starter, a Leatherman Juice. Yeah it all fits. Rear right pocket, an inexpensive Yoder Alligator Wallet. I have a side holster for my Glock 9mm. I wear a shirt too big, in Chicago it must be concealed. I guess you can count 2004 Maui Jim sunglasses neutral grey glass. I do not like the new ones. I hope that does not sound snobbish. None of those items were very expensive when I purchased them.

Back