EDC X Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20140517_123822_zps0hj6cvpb.jpg

ZT0770cfM4 and a First Mate.

NJBillK,

That looks like my old ZT0770CFM4. Did you buy chance buy that used? I did the same modification to mine. Either way, looks good!
38a06e0b41f341f2b2870da7549ad0b5.jpg

Here is mine today. "Listening" to a school seminar while I play with my knife and play video games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NJBillK,

That looks like my old ZT0770CFM4. Did you buy chance buy that used? I did the same modification to mine. Either way, looks good!
I did buy used, but not yours (I purchased from user: jjsmith).
It was near new in box when I got it and I couldn't take to the DLC. I did some research and found that Hydrogen Peroxide weakens the bond a bit.
I protected the pivot and soaked it for about an hour and a half then sanded with 800 grit (iirc) then finished with 2K under running a faucet to highlight the lines and smooth the scratch pattern to get my impromptu "black wash".

While disassembled I removed the assist, swapped in nylatron washers, left the assist liner in and she flips nicely now. I found out the hard way that nylatron and phosphor bronze washers bite on carbon fiber and won't pivot that well.

38a06e0b41f341f2b2870da7549ad0b5.jpg

Here is mine today. "Listening" to a school seminar while I play with my knife and play video games.
Nice, have you handled the GB1?
I had one for a short period of time, and while I liked the ergos and the small size of the ricasso, the closing just killed it for me.
I might end up with a GB2, I might get another GB1 and mod it to have a slight relief in the show scale.
Either way, I still like the look of yours.

Last edited:
Well excuse me at first glance it looked liked one .
So carry on ...

The pivot at a glance reminded me of the 452

Oh hahaha I thought it was a joke like how on YouTube, every time you asked what a particular song was everyone just said "Darude Sandstorm."

Oh hahaha I thought it was a joke like how on YouTube, every time you asked what a particular song was everyone just said "Darude Sandstorm."

LoL yea guess my coffee hasn't kicked in yet [emoji14]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back