EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

That's a nice pair indeed, Chip. I've heard great things about the MILK and may have one some day when both finder's luck and finances coincide. I've had but one CKF--a Sukhoi--and didn't find it any way positively comparable to my Shiros, though I suspect the MILK may be an entirely different thing.

Some of my Shiro clips were too tight when I got them and some just fine. Only my 111 has resisted break-in, though that one hasn't been carried as much as some of its Bear brethren. Of course bottoming out in pocket is a big ask for such a long knife.

As far as the "lock creep" thing goes, it is indeed common to most Shiros, though I've never found it a bother as my thick, arthritic, old carpenter's hands won't grasp a knife in such a way as to have that happen without deliberately forcing it over with my thumb.

Sweet mod on that lanyard penetration, brother. I'm very fond of that-lanyard-hole-in-the-backspacer-only thing on my Shiros, MP1, Sigma, and Scout. I like the one-slab-only-hole style of my F95s too. On the other hand, I have a lot of knives that would require untying the lanyard to separate the slabs--including my CRKs from which I remove the lanyard pins--but I often just leave the lanyard on and flop the slabs apart when cleaning or tuning or sometimes just pull the pivot, blade, and washers out the front like one would with a Sebenza 21. I find that's the best way to deal with AXIS lock knives too.

BTW, I haven't forgotten about sending you my Biryukov--just been too busy to take it apart and ponder shipping it cross-country. Anyway, your Russian pair and Fullflat's comment got my sick, decrepit body out of my chair and across the yard for pics of a couple different Ruskii's before the light left.

EcdVe53.jpg

RSt6FN2.jpg

Maybe a little off-topic here, but I did carry them across the yard in my pocket for the pics. :rolleyes:
Those are a couple gorgeous Russians right there brother!! I’m carrying a comrade today too :)
B0D2C523-5F1F-4F52-BE45-53E5188B1475.jpeg

Those are a couple gorgeous Russians right there brother!! I’m carrying a comrade today too :)
View attachment 1232827
Thanks, man, and nice large Strizh (Swift) there yourself. Mine is a small CF with Vanadis 8 and affords a pretty decent grip for a 3.25" knife. Your 3.66" version must feel pretty sweet in hand with its breadth and palm swell and is still stupidly light due to the CF and the Strizh's clever linerless line-lock construction. Mine makes a sweet gentleman's carry but can still do some serious cutting when asked. What's the steel on yours, M390? Workshop Cheburkova sure makes a lotta different versions of that knife.

Thanks, man, and nice large Strizh (Swift) there yourself. Mine is a small CF with Vanadis 8 and affords a pretty decent grip for a 3.25" knife. Your 3.66" version must feel pretty sweet in hand with its breadth and palm swell and is still stupidly light due to the CF and the Strizh's clever linerless line-lock construction. Mine makes a sweet gentleman's carry but can still do some serious cutting when asked. What's the steel on yours, M390? Workshop Cheburkova sure makes a lotta different versions of that knife.
Thanks to you too, my friend. You’re correct on all accounts! It is in M390, and it sure does feel stupid light and intuitive in hand. They nailed the ergos for my hand. Truly, a pleasure to carry & use. I really dig your small in Vanadis 8! They do have such an excellent assortment of offerings over there that it seems you can’t go wrong with them.

Nice blade... I really want a shiro some day! btw I have me a few Dillo openers and quite a few bottles of dillo dust! All my Ar's rock Larue MBT2 triggers
Thanks brother! There sure are a few knives out of Russia that are worth trying. This one’s actually a Cheburkov, and about half the price of a Shiro, so you can buy two ;)
Those MBT2S’ are quality kit!!..and that ‘dillo dust is damn tasty too. Most all my optics mounts are LaRue, and they’ve worked very well for me

Back