EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. lzeplin

lzeplin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Got out for a ride today trying out my heated jacket liner, I stayed toasty and of course I had to bring Chris along..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tree Herder V

Tree Herder V Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2007
    [​IMG]

3. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Sweet! I see you had the much needed, better yet pratically required, blade stop removal. what else have you had done to that sweet shaman? I handled a coworkers and that moving your finger out of the way to close it thing is kinda annoying! Im sure it's much better now without any interruption in the closing action.

TenShun705 and ErocSD like this.
  4. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
  5. Edgeoflife

Oct 11, 2018
    Wow! Who makes that gorgeous folder?

6. Edgeoflife

Oct 11, 2018
  7. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
  8. evilgreg

evilgreg Why so serious? Gold Member

Dec 25, 2012
    It's a Korsar, by Seraphim Knives, from Russia. The action on it is ridiculous, and it's really pretty in person. The weird butter knife-ey blade shape is fine in practice, no worse than a tanto. Thin behind the edge for a big knife, too, with flat ground blade stock that isn't as thick as seems to be the fashion these days. Very nice.

9. ErocSD

ErocSD Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Nice VP9! I've always wanted a grey VP9b with a Lobos trigger.... I went with an M&P 2.0 5" instead!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    Fullflat and TheFactor like this.
  10. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Thanks !! Great choice M&P’s are great guns :thumbsup:
    Mine is actually a VP40 40 cal she’s a real sweet shooter that’s hard to miss with.
    The stock trigger is more then enough for me it has a really nice light smooth pull and tactical click on the reset.

Fullflat and ErocSD like this.
  11. Keyman

Keyman KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 26, 2001
  12. miso2

miso2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2014
    [​IMG]

13. ErocSD

Jan 21, 2019
    I'm a trigger snob, I Went Apex Flatty and extended controls on mine. I have a stock back up as well.

[​IMG]

14. South paw draw

South paw draw Yep.....I'm a idiot. Platinum Member

Sep 23, 2019
    Here is a post I did thanking both modders and @David Mary (one of the modders )who I got the shaman from. It have the full details of all the mods. I wonder if it can even be called a shaman anymore. Lol

15. South paw draw

Sep 23, 2019
    20191116_184251.jpg
    Today's carry for work. The modded shaman bumped the freek out of the pocket for now at least.

16. Edgeoflife

Oct 11, 2018
    I wasn't a fan of the shaman out the box but sounds like you have the ultimate shaman now modded by some highly talented guys! congrats and enjoy that bad boy!

Dcdavis, Fullflat and South paw draw like this.
  17. South paw draw

Sep 23, 2019
    I had a chance to handle one of my friends shaman at his house. Being a lefty I went to close it and... that tap hit my thumb and dropped it to the carpet. Felt so bad. With the tap gone I can close it with either hand no problem. It's a wonderful think and with it thinned out now its slices like no ones business.

18. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    I used to be a trigger snob and have had a couple of apex triggers, extended mag and slide releases on a few glocks I had.
    Now I just shootem like I stole it :D
    Unless it’s a horrible trigger im good to go:thumbsup:

Fullflat and ErocSD like this.
  19. ErocSD

Jan 21, 2019
    well Glock triggers are pretty mushy stock..... the worst part are those crap plastic sights and block grip.

I shoot mine like I stole it.. in fact my P10c is my true workhorse, it has an HBI trigger and extended controls as well. I'm more of a buy once cry once and run em hard kind of guy. I guess that's just me.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    lzeplin, Fullflat and TheFactor like this.
  20. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    That tab only bothered me for a day or so lol. Now with either hand I can close it with no issues and learned to release it with either hand so flys shut with no tab contact on my finger.
    I’ve also found the micarta gives me much more traction vs the g10 I had which was slick as ice. Slices like son of a gun with the stock geometry as far as what I’ve used it for :thumbsup:

South paw draw likes this.