EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Got out for a ride today trying out my heated jacket liner, I stayed toasty and of course I had to bring Chris along..
qFLKuDP.jpg

1WnoJdu.jpg

View attachment 1232816

Picked up my modded shaman for @WValtakis about 30 minutes ago. Had some more work done on it. Now I need to decide if I like the satin blade or if I want it stone washed. First bit of work was done by @David Mary. Its almost perfect. Still feels like somethings missing

Sweet! I see you had the much needed, better yet pratically required, blade stop removal. what else have you had done to that sweet shaman? I handled a coworkers and that moving your finger out of the way to close it thing is kinda annoying! Im sure it's much better now without any interruption in the closing action.

Wow! Who makes that gorgeous folder?

It's a Korsar, by Seraphim Knives, from Russia. The action on it is ridiculous, and it's really pretty in person. The weird butter knife-ey blade shape is fine in practice, no worse than a tanto. Thin behind the edge for a big knife, too, with flat ground blade stock that isn't as thick as seems to be the fashion these days. Very nice.

Nice VP9! I've always wanted a grey VP9b with a Lobos trigger.... I went with an M&P 2.0 5" istead!
Thanks !! Great choice M&P’s are great guns :thumbsup:
Mine is actually a VP40 40 cal she’s a real sweet shooter that’s hard to miss with.
The stock trigger is more then enough for me it has a really nice light smooth pull and tactical click on the reset.

Thanks !! Great choice M&P’s are great guns :thumbsup:
Mine is actually a VP40 40 cal she’s a real sweet shooter that’s hard to miss with.
The stock trigger is more then enough for me it has a really nice light smooth pull and tactical click on the reset.

I'm a trigger snob, I Went Apex Flatty and extended controls on mine. I have a stock back up as well.

DlPUY9ph.jpg

Sweet! I see you had the much needed, better yet pratically required, blade stop removal. what else have you had done to that sweet shaman? I handled a coworkers and that moving your finger out of the way to close it thing is kinda annoying! Im sure it's much better now without any interruption in the closing action.
Here is a post I did thanking both modders and @David Mary (one of the modders )who I got the shaman from. It have the full details of all the mods. I wonder if it can even be called a shaman anymore. Lol
View attachment 1232849

Wanted to share the shaman I got from @David Mary . I did a out of pif trade with him and picked this up. Had @WValtakis thin it out to make it a slicing beast and give it a satin finish. Add a choil and put a little texture on the scales. With the work both have done this shaman is truly one of a kind and also now left hand friendly. I would like to thank David for making the offer even though I was not interested and his offer was well worth more then what he took in trade for it . Truly one of the nicest men I have met and have had the honor to deal with.

A special thank you to @WValtakis for taking a trade do some work for me. I known trades don't pay the bills and you don't do that 90% of the time. I'm blessed by your talents and friendship. I know what I ask you to do wasn't the easiest thing to do. Not the hardest but certainly way above my pay grade. I will most certainly enjoy using this knife for many years because of both you fella.

So thank you both from the bottom of my heart.

Edit. I should mention the mods David did to the shaman. And david if I miss anything please chime in as it was already loaded with tons of them and I'm sure I'm gonna miss one.

Removed the tap that hits the finger( thumb if your a lefty and is what caused me to drop a freinds and not want the shaman) when you close it.

Reprofiled the blade shape
Trimmed down the back bone to reshape the blade or redefine it into a more Bowie like blade shape .

Chamfered the spydie hold.

Reshaped the handle for a better formed fit.a.k.a. took the bump out of the pointer finger slot so it's more comfortable.

Smoothed the g-10 out .( with the numbness in the hands I had to have WValtakis put a little texture back. It was a little to smooth for me. But it did feel.nice)

Added a deep carry pocket clip.

And I think a few other things I just cant remember

Here is a post I did thanking both modders and @David Mary (one of the modders )who I got the shaman from. It have the full details of all the mods. I wonder if it can even be called a shaman anymore. Lol

I wasn't a fan of the shaman out the box but sounds like you have the ultimate shaman now modded by some highly talented guys! congrats and enjoy that bad boy!

I wasn't a fan of the shaman out the box but sounds like you have the ultimate shaman now modded by some highly talented guys! congrats and enjoy that bad boy!
I had a chance to handle one of my friends shaman at his house. Being a lefty I went to close it and... that tap hit my thumb and dropped it to the carpet. Felt so bad. With the tap gone I can close it with either hand no problem. It's a wonderful think and with it thinned out now its slices like no ones business.

I'm a trigger snob, I Went Apex Flatty and extended controls on mine. I have a stock back up as well.

DlPUY9ph.jpg
I used to be a trigger snob and have had a couple of apex triggers, extended mag and slide releases on a few glocks I had.
Now I just shootem like I stole it :D
Unless it’s a horrible trigger im good to go:thumbsup:

I used to be a trigger snob and have had a couple of apex triggers, extended mag and slide releases on a few glocks I had.
Now I just shootem like I stole it :D
Unless it’s a horrible trigger im good to go:thumbsup:

well Glock triggers are pretty mushy stock..... the worst part are those crap plastic sights and block grip.

I shoot mine like I stole it.. in fact my P10c is my true workhorse, it has an HBI trigger and extended controls as well. I'm more of a buy once cry once and run em hard kind of guy. I guess that's just me.

Last edited:
I had a chance to handle one of my friends shaman at his house. Being a lefty I went to close it and... that tap hit my thumb and dropped it to the carpet. Felt so bad. With the tap gone I can close it with either hand no problem. It's a wonderful think and with it thinned out now its slices like no ones business.
That tab only bothered me for a day or so lol. Now with either hand I can close it with no issues and learned to release it with either hand so flys shut with no tab contact on my finger.
I’ve also found the micarta gives me much more traction vs the g10 I had which was slick as ice. Slices like son of a gun with the stock geometry as far as what I’ve used it for :thumbsup:

Back