1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
  2. threefeathers

threefeathers

May 25, 2005
    6.5 G is the way I'm going also. However I carry a HEST as my sharp tool

3. JBoone

JBoone

Dec 30, 2012
    [​IMG]

razorburn, ErocSD, 4mer_FMF and 18 others like this.
  4. Jarhead Greasemonkey

Jarhead Greasemonkey Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Off work pair:

(not pictured KaBar TDI, Vic Spirit X)

[​IMG]

5. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    I’m looking forward getting home were my Black Friday score is waiting for me:D
    Unfortunately no pizza left but I do have a left over NewYork boneless steak waiting also.
    Finished my Paul Newman pizza Saturday :p
    I know everyone is anxiously awaiting the unveiling :Duntil then here’s a hold you over lol of my other beauty :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

6. Worldwatcher

Worldwatcher Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2015
    I think I can speak for the rest of us that the anticipation of your unveiling is killing us! Please hurry home...

7. Mr.sig239

Mr.sig239 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2007
    021020D0-E565-4401-86E4-FC051A7A273D.jpeg
    more snow cleanup getting done.

8. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Griptilians have partial liners, filtrum, that serve to support the cantilever of a locked, open blade, though they're located more to the top of the knife in proximity to the forward two stand-offs. If you squeeze the open side of the scales two-handed with great force you might get a mm or two of movement. The design plus the Micarta is really solid.

Short answer--NO!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Full disclosure: These are old pics as we're in our second of what will be a three-day, apocalyptic wind/rain storm and the light is terrible. I still have my Dragon in my pocket though I did carry my Grip here to the kitchen table to test for squeezability.

9. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Please don't fire that near your cat and damage his hearing. :rolleyes:

10. fot0

fot0

Apr 13, 2014
    [​IMG]

razorburn, toto07, ErocSD and 12 others like this.
  11. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp I support the 3rd amendment! Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    [​IMG]

Carried my LNIB Benchmade 940 again today.

12. Worldwatcher

Worldwatcher Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2015
    That is a great pic!

13. PWatkins

PWatkins Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 20, 2017
    2 yards right?..... lol just kidding man nice group.

14. PWatkins

Oct 20, 2017
  15. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Thanks Brother!
    It was only seven yards but that was just a fun target .Some point shooting mixed in with rapid fire and grab the gun from table to the ready position and let them rip lol.
    Also did some target Practice to get a nice feel of the trigger reset. That’s one thing I like about Glock’s is most have a really nice tactical reset you can feel and sometimes hear. Most of my hand gun shooting/fun/practice is from 7 to 10 yards were you’d be in most self defense distances.”actually I believe it’s only 2 to 3 feet if I remember correctly but regardless I like 7 to. 10 yards.
    For kicks I’ll sometimes go to the back stop lol or if I’m in the woods and not at the range I’ll push the distance out and use a little Kentucky windage lol. Years ago when I did armored truck my partner was a x Navy seal that taught me a lot what a great guy and nicest also very low key you’d never know what he was and hope you’d never find out if you didn’t know him lol

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  16. Jason Chambers

Jason Chambers KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2019
    _71A6615.JPG

17. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Safety third! :D

jux t, razorburn, filtrum and 5 others like this.
  18. danbot

danbot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Prac-tac. :thumbsup:

19. PWatkins

Oct 20, 2017
    Lol. It wasn't energized. Or even wired yet for that matter.

woodysone, filtrum, Fullflat and 5 others like this.
  20. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 11, 2018
    IMG_1810.jpg Grabbed the Kapara again after work and been carrying it off and on for a few days now. Finally growing accustomed to its nuances that i initially didn't care for and have adjusted how i grip the handle when releasing the comp lock which seems to work better (more pinching pressure with thumb and middle finger on scales). would still prefer it with a liner lock but i dont feel like I wanna sell it off and the blurple PM2 I traded for it was a good barter indeed.

woodysone, razorburn, ErocSD and 16 others like this.