EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Queen Dan Burke Cattle King Stockman and here is why:

1: The balloon still hasn't gone up. (not sure what this means, but I looked outside, no balloons going up)
2: Three BG-42 stainless steel blades, in 3 different shapes. Nice and sharp too, for cutting.
3: Need to use two hands to open the blades, which is super safe. If you want to use this knife, you need to be focused on the knife, not one handing it while doing something with your other hand (Whatever you are doing with that other hand is cool by me, I'm not judging)
4: No clip! It's solid weight drags it to the bottom of your pocket and keeps your pants from riding up too high.
5: It's cold outside so I'm wearing long pants...
6: I'm not going to any bad neighborhoods either.
7: Not retired but I am working from home.
8: Doubles as a hammer or paper weight.
9: It's a super cool knife.

If the balloon goes up while I am sitting here in my office I will watch in amusement as my cats try to catch it. I have no actual training in using my knives but I have cut up many apples over the years I consider myself a gifted amateur, I guess.

Happy almost-Friday.

usk3quS.jpg

How are you liking that straight spine Stretch?
I like it. It's very similar to a PM2 though. The blade is thinner stock but same behind the edge. Handle is more open at the end so if you have larger hands you won't feel as cramped (same for any Stretch 2 though). I thought it would have been lighter but only saves about .1 - .15 ounces over a G-10 handled PM2. I'm good with VG-10 as a EDC steel, but still lean towards M4 as my favorite... So if you have a PM2 that you really like...this might be. bit redundant. Except for the white FRN though.

Hey man, sorry I didn't get to this sooner. That particular blade is one of Bill's Puukko models. I swear that I saw some info regarding it on his Sub here but he might have cleared it our after one of his sales. As far as I know (and I could certainly be mistaken), he has a couple of different puukko designs and I scooped up both of them because they are just awesome knives.

Bill usually uses 5160 but I think he used 1095 on one or both of these. Super fine cutters and they just meld with your hand like nothing else.

AaqJBcP.jpg
I guess I can let you slide on the late response just this once. ;) I definitely can see why you grabbed those two. The handle design looks super comfortable and the lines of the knife just flows. I am going to pay much closer attention to what Bill is up to, for sure. Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
New arrival. Phenomenal but most likely won't keep. Leaning towards 3.25 or smaller anymore. Ordered thinking would feel smaller in hand. PM2 size. Love the no screw front side. As for Harley my cat, he's a keeper. Fit and finish on him is top notch.
15762420856242781125803485750060.jpg

Back