EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Spam opener.
EdCgCcp.jpg
Your spam box is full.

Dang if you can work with kidney stone's your Superman! I laid on ice packs screaming and begging to die for 6 days, finally got some tramadol, which relaxed me enough to get some sleep and the next morning I passed what looked like a spoon full of sand! Good luck buddy I hope you get better!
Shit, looks like i have to learn how to avoid this. Thanx

20200127_065413.jpg
Today's carry. The Uma is starting develop some nice character now from being used and carried. Left out this morning in a bit of a rush so I didn't get a chance to pick a knife for the right pocket. So I have one of the three that ride in the the center console of the truck. Hope everyone has a wonderful start to a beautiful week. Only stones I plan in seeing this week are the ones I'm kicking on the ground. Wink.

With an edge on it and a cardboard+duct tape sheath that could be a good toolbox beater, Marcus, and you'd think of your Dad every time you came across it.
Absolutely. It's most likely my grandfather's knife from our farm. I will clean it up and put an edge on it. I hadn't thought of making a cardboard sheath. Thanks for the suggestion.

Do you have knives that you love even though they may have some features that wouldn't normally check your like boxes? My Olamic Wayfarer 247 is among my very favorites even though my preferences are for open-back construction, full-flat grinds that are thinner behind the edge, uncoated blades, and lighter detents. The mostly full backspacer has a beautifully polished, eased-edge, gold-anodized finish, with a really cool floating attachment and the knife name and serial number engraved on its interior.

8fF7yqE.jpg

The M390, saber ground blade took a great re-profile, is a great cutter, has a generous swedge that makes for super piercing ability, and Olamic's stonewashed-after-cerrakoting Stealth finish is both handsome and wear-hiding.

YdWePS7.jpg

Despite not being able to usethe thumb hole to open with its stiff detent, the flipping action broke in nicely and the blade comes out easily with no real concern for finger placement on the lockbar. Olamic's CS is great and they'll adjust the detent tension for you if you send it in, but I'm fine with the action as it is now. Closing is hitch free with an easy, comfortable lockbar release and a perfectly designed and placed detent ball ramp.

T2e5MPC.jpg

There's just so much to like here--the unique clip design, flat on standoffs with the ball catch; the way that this medium-sized knife just locks into my hand with my thumb nestling perfectly on the modest jimping in a saber grip or the forefinger placement on the spine depression in a pinch grip; how my preference for lanyard style is perfectly served by the elongated hole's location keeping the cord well out of the way of the blade path.

anbOICE.jpg

Yeah, I'm definitely a fan boy of Eugene's work and there's a Rainmaker build pretty high on my want list. I had this one on me yesterday and will keep carrying it today.

Last edited:
Back