EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Dcdavis

Dcdavis Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2018
    72EDE282-E2B3-483B-AEA1-54F9ADFCBE30.jpeg

2. filtrum

filtrum

Jun 25, 2014
    Your spam box is full.

colin.p, woodysone, tgtodd and 5 others like this.
  3. filtrum

filtrum

Jun 25, 2014
    Shit, looks like i have to learn how to avoid this. Thanx

4. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    It's FriMonday!:confused: Last dayshift, then off until Friday night:D

Screenshot_20200127-055414_Photos~2.jpg

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  5. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    With an edge on it and a cardboard+duct tape sheath that could be a good toolbox beater, Marcus, and you'd think of your Dad every time you came across it.

6. Keyopp

Keyopp Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 14, 2013
  7. South paw draw

South paw draw Yep.....I'm a idiot. Platinum Member

Sep 23, 2019
    20200127_065413.jpg
    Today's carry. The Uma is starting develop some nice character now from being used and carried. Left out this morning in a bit of a rush so I didn't get a chance to pick a knife for the right pocket. So I have one of the three that ride in the the center console of the truck. Hope everyone has a wonderful start to a beautiful week. Only stones I plan in seeing this week are the ones I'm kicking on the ground. Wink.

8. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Absolutely. It's most likely my grandfather's knife from our farm. I will clean it up and put an edge on it. I hadn't thought of making a cardboard sheath. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edgeoflife, Quiet, TenShun705 and 3 others like this.
  9. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Do you have knives that you love even though they may have some features that wouldn't normally check your like boxes? My Olamic Wayfarer 247 is among my very favorites even though my preferences are for open-back construction, full-flat grinds that are thinner behind the edge, uncoated blades, and lighter detents. The mostly full backspacer has a beautifully polished, eased-edge, gold-anodized finish, with a really cool floating attachment and the knife name and serial number engraved on its interior.

[​IMG]

The M390, saber ground blade took a great re-profile, is a great cutter, has a generous swedge that makes for super piercing ability, and Olamic's stonewashed-after-cerrakoting Stealth finish is both handsome and wear-hiding.

[​IMG]

Despite not being able to usethe thumb hole to open with its stiff detent, the flipping action broke in nicely and the blade comes out easily with no real concern for finger placement on the lockbar. Olamic's CS is great and they'll adjust the detent tension for you if you send it in, but I'm fine with the action as it is now. Closing is hitch free with an easy, comfortable lockbar release and a perfectly designed and placed detent ball ramp.

[​IMG]

There's just so much to like here--the unique clip design, flat on standoffs with the ball catch; the way that this medium-sized knife just locks into my hand with my thumb nestling perfectly on the modest jimping in a saber grip or the forefinger placement on the spine depression in a pinch grip; how my preference for lanyard style is perfectly served by the elongated hole's location keeping the cord well out of the way of the blade path.

[​IMG]

Yeah, I'm definitely a fan boy of Eugene's work and there's a Rainmaker build pretty high on my want list. I had this one on me yesterday and will keep carrying it today.

10. filtrum

filtrum

Jun 25, 2014
    See
    Woooow, i imagined a black sebbie, it would be so cool.

Fullflat and Sharp & Fiery like this.
  11. filtrum

filtrum

Jun 25, 2014
    This, brother. My allergy does it for long time to me, sometimes i think it wont stop and i will die. The very thought is stressful enough. And i cant handle nothing - even if someone just hits a wall it hurts. Because of sound. I understand how you feel.

12. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Happy Monday! Time to get the new knife scarred up.
    [​IMG]

razorburn, Filoso, woodysone and 26 others like this.
  13. South paw draw

Sep 23, 2019
    Miss my insingo.. but I know its gonna come back better green and meaner.:cool:

14. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    I really missed mine too, but I just didn’t care for the Inkosi. Glad to have it back in a Large 21! :D

15. alliuse

alliuse Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 5, 2011
    C36CDEBA-2C6E-4843-BC6C-33015BB4BCA6.jpeg

razorburn, Filoso, woodysone and 20 others like this.
  16. SharperThanU

SharperThanU

Oct 29, 2019
    Sweet little Bugout there. Are those the Flytanium CF Scales? How are they? Been wanting to pick up that combination for a while now. Looks sweet with the black thumb stud too.

17. Tree Herder V

Tree Herder V Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2007
    [​IMG]

razorburn, loon#r, Filoso and 26 others like this.
  18. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Monday, already? I am over the moon with these two:

[​IMG]

Filoso, woodysone, Mistman68 and 26 others like this.
  19. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2018
    IMG_3650.jpg

razorburn, loon#r, Filoso and 27 others like this.
  20. South paw draw

Sep 23, 2019
    So good to see that 21 getting some love Edge. Beautiful piece.