EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Carried my ZT 0308 all day today and what a treat. I absolutely love this knife !
ix13gkm.jpg

Nice EDC spread! It just keeps getting better, love that crossbreed and ZT!

CTS 204P... Elmax is a step down from M390, 20cv and 204p from what I understood...correct me if I'm wrong.

I searched high and low to geta Merlot handle in full DLC blade and M390/204p. I lucked out and I'm happy with it. It's really a dream. Fires with authority and lock is tight, weight is just right. I already cut myself too playing with the edge, this thing is sharp!

I know what you mean about the list, Mine grows and shrinks by the day haha. I have removed many from the list only to replace it with others. This one will remain part of the collection for sure.
I'm sure elmax is a step down. But elmax is still one of my favorite steels. Now let's talk a bit about this new steel I got my hands on. Maxamet. Oh how I am liking maxamet. And I really don't want to say that out loud.

View attachment 1282314
Got turned on to this today from a friend. If you like beer. You gotta give this a try. I don't drink beer much but I'm gonna be drinking alot more of this. Man this is some good $h!t.
View attachment 1282314
Got turned on to this today from a friend. If you like beer. You gotta give this a try. I don't drink beer much but I'm gonna be drinking alot more of this. Man this is some good $h!t.
That’s a great beer !! I really enjoy that and the Hazy :thumbsup:

I'm sure elmax is a step down. But elmax is still one of my favorite steels. Now let's talk a bit about this new steel I got my hands on. Maxamet. Oh how I am liking maxamet. And I really don't want to say that out loud.

Elmax I feel is a great steel imo.

I'm not hating on Elmax, it is a great steel. I didn't mean to hate on it if that's how it came off. I just wanted a little more blade retention since this will probably be my only U/T... I have some inside lines on some great new reate/Alliance/Liong mah exclusive knives I need to save for.

Maxamet is great steel!! Tool steel and very durable from what I've read. I hope to get something in Maxamet someday!

I'm not hating on Elmax, it is a great steel. I didn't mean to hate on it if that's how it came off. I just wanted a little more blade retention since this will probably be my only U/T... I have some inside lines on some great new reate/Alliance/Liong mah exclusive knives I need to save for.
Oh I know my friend :)
It is a softer steel compared to some other super steels. But it sharpens so nice and I feel it’s a great balance of holding a edge and ease of sharpening.

Maxamet is great steel!! Tool steel and very durable from what I've read. I hope to get something in Maxamet someday!
Nope didn't take it that way my friend. I'm just one of a few that really miss elmax. It was a wonderful steel in my eyes. I am really sad to see it go way the wayside. And maxamet is some strange stuff. Has me just waited to put an edge on it. I'll wait till the factory edge goes but I'm jonesing to put it on the kme.

I love your Microtech OTF what a beautiful blade!
BTW you influenced me into picking up a Microtech OTF . It’s on the way should be here any day :thumbsup: Until then I’m going to keep you in suspense :p :D

Can't wait, I'm gonna guess you went Merlot two tone tanto or some other awesome combo......or maybe a troodon or UTX85....Such great knives!

looking forward to what you have on delivery; I'll wait and see!

Last edited:
Well...found a blade I like, so the RUK is back in my belt sheath and I now get to carry a brand new lockback!! Such an exciting day.
Hope ya’ll wake up refreshed this morning.
488E9B31-31AA-4A09-87EB-CD9300B4FC4E.jpeg E955E26C-3322-4393-9321-7F5538944FA2.jpeg

Same here. Love the stuff, especially when it’s got a good HT, like MT’s Elmax had
I had the stormtrooper and it had elmax. Sold it. Kicking myself. But I did get top dollar for it so shouldn't complain. Just wished I had picked up another one in elmax before they disappeared. Now finding one in elmax is like seeing a unicorn.

I feel ya. My Tri grip UT in Elmax is hands down my fav UT still to this day
View attachment 1282329
Damn... now I want to see if I can get my stormtrooper back.:(

Got 9 in the que.
Wilson combat 25 is next. Should have be Monday but its gonna be this upcoming Monday. Then a pair of slip joints. Then a lion steel. The a couple of CRKs and then a dr. Death mini then another set of CRKs. And I think another slip joint. Been thinking about a #97

Damn... now I want to see if I can get my stormtrooper back.:(

Got 9 in the que.
Wilson combat 25 is next. Should have be Monday but its gonna be this upcoming Monday. Then a pair of slip joints. Then a lion steel. The a couple of CRKs and then a dr. Death mini then another set of CRKs. And I think another slip joint. Been thinking about a #97
Sounds like 2020 is going to be a great year over there! :)

Back