EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Well, I did remember what I mentioned last week and used this knife to make it Wilson Combat Wooden Wednesday today. This one's the Extreme Lite Carry in Cocobolo made by Fox Knives in Italy and has great sentimental value for me. I bought it in an old school cutlery shop in Barcelona a few years back on the last vacation we took with our 3 grown sons. We rented a rooftop 4 bedroom with two patios for a week across from the marina at the edge of the Old City and just had a blast hanging out and exploring.

pV3V5qg.jpg

WsNHcSR.jpg

Edit: Here's one more....

ntQR7Wf.jpg

S4OWnJi.jpg

I actually carried the ZT and Esee today but that isn’t the point here. Turkey season starts in a few days so, obviously there are decisions to make about what knives to carry. This is what I’ve landed on, subject to change. I’m open to suggestions.

Carry a small fixed blade and disposable gloves to gut it, Turkeys really have a foul smell to them. A small fixed blade is the easiest of all to wash the fat and smell off of. Also, a small folding hand saw for trimming any small branches or brush you will undoubtedly encounter.

My first post on bladeforums, btw... Blush. Knife addiction started 8 years ago, when I bought my ZT 0200 (discontinued, shame). Fifteen folders and 5 fixed blades later, still hungry for more. Love this place, the comments and the pics.
Welcome to BF, your among friends no matter the size or quality your collecting, don’t ever feel embarrassed or outclassed here, it’s not like that at all here. Learn how to post more pictures here if you ever need to, you’ll have even more fun as your quality and variety increases: https://bladeforums.com/threads/to-practice-posting-pics-here.1585101/

Oh, this is really your second post, your first post with the 2 photos beat this post by 17 minutes, haha. You’ll fit right in, and your pictures looked just fine too by the way. Welcome again.

My first post on bladeforums, btw... Blush. Knife addiction started 8 years ago, when I bought my ZT 0200 (discontinued, shame). Fifteen folders and 5 fixed blades later, still hungry for more. Love this place, the comments and the pics.
Welcome !!
The addiction will only get worse and your surrounded by the best enablers known to mankind :D

Well, I did remember what I mentioned last week and used this knife to make it Wilson Combat Wooden Wednesday today. This one's the Extreme Lite Carry in Cocobolo made by Fox Knives in Italy and has great sentimental value for me. I bought it in an old school cutlery shop in Barcelona a few years back on the last vacation we took with our 3 grown sons. We rented a rooftop 4 bedroom with two patios for a week across from the marina at the edge of the Old City and just had a blast hanging out and exploring.

pV3V5qg.jpg

WsNHcSR.jpg

Edit: Here's one more....

ntQR7Wf.jpg
That's a pretty knife, even better that it has a story.

Carry a small fixed blade and disposable gloves to gut it, Turkeys really have a foul smell to them. A small fixed blade is the easiest of all to wash the fat and smell off of. Also, a small folding hand saw for trimming any small branches or brush you will undoubtedly encounter.
Solid advice. You’re right about the smell too, nastiest critter I’ve ever dealt with. I do no gutting though. I take the breasts and that’s it. Some hunters will frown upon that, I know.

IMG_6848.JPG
It’s a bright blue sky reflecting off the tinfoil as the pound cake cools off outside. Tree branches reflecting off the blade are giving a camo appearance to it. I’m really liking this Spyderco for a kitchen knife instead of just getting packed away in the hunting/butchering bag.
View attachment 1322797

The bow river is a great budget fb. Just received my second one today actually haha. I wouldn't mind a steel upgrade but its hard to beat for the price and plenty capable! Maybe it'll end up in the kitchen also.

Decided to go back to basics today.
I put all the fancy and top of the line knives away.
I have a (BTI) Old Timer 858OTB large stockman, an (BTI) Old Timer 280OT Barlow, and a Marbles MR278 "Demo Knife" in my pocket.
A Standard production 2015 Buck 110 is on my belt.

Truth to tell, I could get by without the Barlow, but it's been a while since I carried it.

Solid advice. You’re right about the smell too, nastiest critter I’ve ever dealt with. I do no gutting though. I take the breasts and that’s it. Some hunters will frown upon that, I know.

I will refrain from making an inappropriate joke for once.

So I guess the saying grandma always used "oh dirty turkey feathers" is rather true. Not that she touched a wild turkey in her life in the vast plain that is the south side of Chicago.

Back