EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

ONb8LIp.jpg

Love that Rainmaker, evilgreg evilgreg . :) That knife is one on the short list along with a Spartan Harsey and a Sebenza 31. I've got some money coming and I plan to treat myself to one of those. I wonder if Eugene would still build a liner lock, as I really kind prefer that iteration of the knife.

For my own part, I was over in the woodshop experimenting with stainless nails and my coil guns to see if I could pneumatically fasten the mile of .032 aluminum components I've fabbed for the PTown job which will act as critical substrates for the Linex roof at the rainwater leaders, collection scuppers, and drains. I still had my Voron with me and couldn't help but take some more pics as I used and admired it. I'm so taken with the knife's little nuances from the straight, tight plunge grind that dives well back into the sharpening choil...

Vc8DF22.jpg

...to the modest maker's mark above with the steel type imprinted on the ricasso and birthdate on the flipper tab below.

OVnjuDD.jpg

I hate blades that look like billboards. This one is so clean and the overall design of the knife so pure and simple. There's nothing extra and nothing more to take away.

jJsBAOE.jpg

Gotta love it when your wife sends you pictures and says, “I love this knife, thanks!”
She’s gettin’ er done. Her EDC for the day. :D
BD4C0155-C13E-40B3-AF7D-82CE58D70161.jpeg 55E2F46F-FB04-4AF7-BB3C-6978BFC70B97.jpeg

Last edited:
Love that Rainmaker, evilgreg evilgreg . :) That knife is one on the short list along with a Spartan Harsey and a Sebenza 31. I've got some money coming and I plan to treat myself to one of those. I wonder if Eugene would still build a liner lock, as I really kind prefer that iteration of the knife.

For my own part, I was over in the woodshop experimenting with stainless nails and my coil guns to see if I could pneumatically fasten the mile of .032 aluminum components I've fabbed for the PTown job which will act as critical substrates for the Linex roof at the rainwater leaders, collection scuppers, and drains. I still had my Voron with me and couldn't help but take some more pics as I used and admired it. I'm so taken with the knife's little nuances from the straight, tight plunge grind that dives well back into the sharpening choil...

Vc8DF22.jpg

...to the modest maker's mark above with the steel type imprinted on the ricasso and birthdate on the flipper tab below.

OVnjuDD.jpg

I hate blades that look like billboards. This one is so clean and the overall design of the knife so pure and simple. There's nothing extra and nothing more to take away.

jJsBAOE.jpg

That's a pretty knife, I'm a sucker for C-Tek myself. As for the Rainmaker, I'm with you on preferring the liner lock version to the frame lock version, but I prefer liner locks to frame locks in general, so that's no surprise I guess.

The f&f on the EnZo is very similar to Spyderco’s Taiwan offerings. And the price is now a lot more competitive. The size, blade profile, and design is almost perfect for an EDC for me with two caveats.

I don’t like the Scandinavian grind, and don’t care for S30v on the full flat. If it was CTS-XHP I’d be all over this.

Still an awesome blade!
D943F210-A087-43F4-B744-DF723F65D89E.jpeg
Just got this today. I have the robust version and thought I’d give the regular one a go. I heart Morakniv.
7FF44186-88CB-496D-9D35-E608530BB6BD.jpeg

Back