EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

aGELlXX.jpg

This knife still stuns me every time I see it. A. your pictures of it are always excellent and B. it's simply the perfect Rainmaker, just such an impact. Just stunning, and I'm a hardhead about overusing certain words, stunning being one of them!

If photos of it come out well most of the credit should go to my phone's excellent camera and the knife just being a looker, but thanks all the same. :)

It was really sunny when I took that photo, incidentally. We were walking the dogs and my lovely wife stood in the right spot to provide a temporary shadow to shoot in and I used my phone's exposure adjustment slider to adjust the exposure to be much darker than what it metered, even when I had it spot meter off the reflecting blade. IMO you can't beat shooting outside, either on a cloudy day or on in the shade on a sunny day.

That Rainmaker is one of my favorite knives for more reasons than just being pretty, though. It carries well for a big knife, being slim, the nicely rounded handle feels great in hand and the very deep hollow grind makes it a surprisingly great cutter. I was not expecting it to be nearly so thin behind the edge as it turned out to be . . .

I'm going to have my kids' initials engraved on this small Sebenza 31. Well built and simple design, easy to maintain and only gets more beautiful with age.. I'd say it's actually one of the few that becomes exponentially more appealing and desirable with age. I polished the thumb stud and replaced the backspacer and lanyard to better match my SAK Cybertool that already has my kids' initials engraved on the "show" side. I have something very exciting arriving today that will be posted tomorrow.

20200422_095838_copy_1134x2016.jpg 20200422_100039_copy_1134x2016.jpg

I'm going to have my kids' initials engraved on this small Sebenza 31. Well built and simple design, easy to maintain and only gets more beautiful with age.. I'd say it's actually one of the few that becomes exponentially more appealing and desirable with age. I polished the thumb stud and replaced the backspacer and lanyard to better match my SAK Cybertool that already has my kids' initials engraved on the "show" side. I have something very exciting arriving today that will be posted tomorrow.

View attachment 1326715 View attachment 1326716

Not sure if you have someone lined up to do the engraving, but @WValtakis might be interested and does great work.

Back