EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Dadpool

Gold Member
Giant mug of coffee well underway, ZT 0308 in my pocket -- today's gonna be a good day, I can feel it. :)

AxdRu6V.jpg

ChazzyP

Platinum Member
I'm making it a Military Monday with my KW CTS204P version, but heading over to the home gym above the shop I'll usually clip a smaller knife in my waistband or T-shirt pocket if available. My 0450 with aftermarket CF scale went over and back with me this morning and I brought the two knives together for a photo op over by the woodshed.

ZqnKvmb.jpg

FRUhbQB.jpg

Happy Monday, everyone! Just got back from Hilton Head and Savannah with to and from stops at my sister's in Kernersville, NC. Had a great and safe vacation while being out and about, which I guess is the goal.

Today's EDCs are my trusted Case 6202 1/2 and SOG Q1. Was trying to come up with something better to start the week but these two usual EDCs were staring me down.

IMG_20200713_084706861a.jpg

Dadpool

Gold Member
Double mail day today, so it's time to switch things up. For the afternoon and evening, it'll be the Hogue Deka and Microtech TAC-P. :)

The Deka is just a lovely little knife -- and I'm pleased to find that it doesn't punch a Bugout-shaped hole in my collection. They're different knives in more ways than I expected. The compound Wharnie blade is nifty, and as my first Hogue this one has me thoroughly impressed.

I've also been trying to figure out the meaning behind the Deka name. Google says "deka" is the same as "deca," indicating "10." Depending on how strictly I count them, there are in fact 10 ridges on the Deka's handle, as well as 10 little "diamonds" formed by the intersection of ridges. There are also 10 screws (assuming you don't count the ABLE lock as a screw, which I don't). So far that's my best guess. :thumbsup:

The TAC-P...I mean come on, how could I resist the Straw of Doom! :D Leave it to Microtech to make a portable punji stick. ;)

kEqQkDW.jpg

Last edited: