EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

WeAji8h.jpg

That Biryukov really is a beauty! You’ve sure got a talent for sniffing out some incredible folders brother :)
Thanks, man--that's really nice of you to say. This whole knife collecting thing is kind of a journey through buying, selling, and a slow evolution of taste and style. I'm pretty conservative in what I like and well-made, functional forms with just a little something to set them apart, be it color, material, or milling are what appeal to me. Nothing wrong with a plain Jane, either. ;) Oh, they need to be good to hang onto and at cuttin' stuff too.

The honeymoon period will last a while with this one. Thinking I may do a blade swap...

j5AlUBZ.jpg

Edited to add:
Yep, swapped nicely:cool:

91Qm5LZ.jpg

Nice choice in beverage! I wish the Millie wasn't tip down only. Maybe they'll make a Para 4 compression lock version with 4 position clip someday!

Enjoy the knife, and nice blade swap!

Nice choice in beverage! I wish the Millie wasn't tip down only. Maybe they'll make a Para 4 compression lock version with 4 position clip someday!

Enjoy the knife, and nice blade swap!

Thanks, and yeah I love me some Sprechers:cool: The tip down isn’t that bad on this one since it’s such a long knife, the thumb kinda falls naturally where it should. Took me a while to get back into tip down though, admittedly :D

I was born in Texas, but lived here in Chicago since I was 2. Spent summers down in Galveston. I've been here in the Chi 39 years, and I still can't handle the cold.

I spent the first 40 years of my career working outdoors building houses every winter and was pretty comfortable down into the teens unless the wind was blowing or the footing got too icy. I spent one winter early on in Vermont and that was the only one I took off. Now, in our later years, we go up to our place in the woods there, and I'm fine with our wood-heat-only cabin but there are times you really can't stay outside and do anything for very long unless you're totally bundled up. Still, I'd rather that than the last two days working at my son's in 95 degree heat and high humidity. :thumbsdown:

Back