EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Went for a drive with my wife and stopped at Dairy Queen. Had to gear up in case an apex predator tries to take my Blizzard.
https://imgur.com/gallery/DjLJCug
DjLJCug

It’s been a blessed mail call week!
My DLT Exclusive Para 2 Cruwear sporting purple just arrived and I’m loving this shade of purple its like a black cherry. This was a hard one to acquire on the drop it sold out in minutes and DLTs server got hammered but I wouldn’t give up and Got lucky so it payed off. Beautiful action out of the box and centered blade:thumbsup:
Thank you DLT and Spyderco for this outstanding offering and couldn’t be happier!
Her name is Precious :D
SlhCvqQ.jpg

fWyc9t4.jpg

RRht35c.jpg

tZSk3aC.jpg

Last edited:
This makes the Shaman look even more appealing.

I have not warmed up to this knife yet, but those scales really make that model come alive.
The Shaman is such a outstanding knife. My only complaint is the factory scale offerings are very very slick at least every one I’ve had. So slippery there hard to hang on to even during deployment or just handling it.A few that I’ve had if your hands were slightly damp the traction increased which I believe were the Micarta scales. If Spyderco would offer some scales with traction this knife imo would be very hard to beat.

I spent the first 40 years of my career working outdoors building houses every winter and was pretty comfortable down into the teens unless the wind was blowing or the footing got too icy. I spent one winter early on in Vermont and that was the only one I took off. Now, in our later years, we go up to our place in the woods there, and I'm fine with our wood-heat-only cabin but there are times you really can't stay outside and do anything for very long unless you're totally bundled up. Still, I'd rather that than the last two days working at my son's in 95 degree heat and high humidity. :thumbsdown:
Yeah, you can always put more clothes on when it's cold, but there's only so much you can take off when it's hot and humid.

I grew up in PA, but the coldest winter I ever spent was in Biloxi, Mississippi. 45° at 95% relative humidity with a little wind will chill you to the bone!

The Shaman is such a outstanding knife. My only complaint is the factory scale offerings are very very slick at least every one I’ve had. So slippery there hard to hang on to even during deployment or just handling it.A few that I’ve had if your hands were slightly damp the traction increased which I believe were the Micarta scales. If Spyderco would offer some scales with traction this knife imo would be very hard to beat.

That’s sorta what has held me back as well, but seeing all the cool aftermarket options makes this knife even more appealing.

I need a brass monkey!:D:eek:
5238FCB9-8F08-4D64-97D4-95F03BB4923D.jpeg

One of the classics.

Ya I live at the beach so I get my fair share but the mountains are always special to me too. My wife on the other hand hates the beach so I'm always trying to drag her and she wants to bring the dog and the baby so it becomes a chore instead of a quick day at the beach. Sometimes I make a "Job Site Visit" at the beach and body surf then grab a beer and some tacos after. Wife doesn't seem to notice when I come home sandy and tan haha. I'm shooting for another trip to the mountains next month perhaps if all goes well. Have a good one as well sir!

Lived right on the beach in SoCal for a couple of years - salt spray eats everything...

Back