EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

20200805-200204.jpg

I've picked up several nice ones in the last couple months and there's a lot to like in what I've had for quite some time too, but this Skinny NoChoil Slicer tempts me most every morning when I'm at the knife drawers picking out the day's carry.

LiHHWbQ.jpg

czX0Law.jpg

myowngod myowngod When scrolling to your first pic, it took a double take for me to realize your Dewalt slider wasn't some odd new sharpening system with its blade guard an overly aggressive-looking grinding wheel. :eek:

Man that would be intense!

Oh man...I can't wait to get my dartboard up again at the new house:D

Do it! Had built a whole outdoor setup at my last one with cedar back but it was too hot outside in the summer. Here im doing two of these inside. House parties turn into pseudo dart tournaments with our friends.

I'm fascinated by new mechanisms, especially when they're attached to knives at price points low enough for experimentation, so I had to pick up a CJRB Cutlery Kicker to see what their Recoil-Lock was like. Until I researched this knife, I didn't know CJRB was an Artisan Cutlery offshoot; having heard good things about their knives was enough to nudge me into this one.

I'm impressed! :thumbsup: Fit and finish is about equal to CIVIVI and is excellent for the $40 price point (heck, it'd be excellent at $80-$100), with recessed clip screws, flush parts, nice chamfering. etc.

The Recoil-Lock works well and is a lot of fun to fidget with. It's totally ambidextrous, with a stronger detent than the average Axis lock, and offers lots of open/close options. You can use the flipper, of course, but you can also use the Recoil-Lock least four ways to both open and close the knife: thumb and forefinger pinch, index finger on top of the spine, index finger on the clip side, thumb on the show side. My only minor grumble about it is that the internal parts mean that it rattles, quietly, at all times.

Overall this is a really cool lock, and genuinely innovative. I'm digging my first contact with CJRB/Artisan. :D

xI9vO05.jpg

aPzIoRJ.jpg

Back