EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Fixed lockslip, back on rotation!

GvrxvtT.jpg

Looking like a hell of a user 7! Very nice!

I can’t even lay claim to the use. A member who decided he only wanted traditional knives traded this in this condition to me.

This hd7 might be my favourite knife of all time. I would kill for one of the newer versions with the lockbar insert. This one has a lockbar that is all the way over, as all the old Hd7s do. Emerson was a dick and decided what the public really wanted was a framelock “that came already broken in.”

So thanks to this genius move you get a knife that will last about 2 months of daily carry before the detent ball hits the opposite g10 scale.

Thanks alot! Its too bad because I love Emersons and the guy is so stubborn he won’t fix the major issue with his knives to this day THE FREAKIN’ LOCK! His new versions of the framelocks have it fixed, I haven’t bought a newer linerlock of his since like 2016 and they weren’t fixed back then.

To be fair once I figured out I had to clean not only the blade tang lockface but also the lockbar face the lockslip has stopped. Lets see how long it will sit like this before becomig a major issue.

ntrigQs.jpg

I can’t even lay claim to the use. A member who decided he only wanted traditional knives traded this in this condition to me.

This hd7 might be my favourite knife of all time. I would kill for one of the newer versions with the lockbar insert. This one has a lockbar that is all the way over, as all the old Hd7s do. Emerson was a dick and decided what the public really wanted was a framelock “that came already broken in.”

So thanks to this genius move you get a knife that will last about 2 months of daily carry before the detent ball hits the opposite g10 scale.

Thanks alot! Its too bad because I love Emersons and the guy is so stubborn he won’t fix the major issue with his knives to this day THE FREAKIN’ LOCK! His new versions of the framelocks have it fixed, I haven’t bought a newer linerlock of his since like 2016 and they weren’t fixed back then.

To be fair once I figured out I had to clean not only the blade tang lockface but also the lockbar face the lockslip has stopped. Lets see how long it will sit like this before becomig a major issue.

ntrigQs.jpg

So, no argument on anything you've said (and this is from a big Emerson guy!), but will tell you that if you send it back to them, they will definitely fix the lockup, but it may also be that you could have them put the newer lockbar liner in as a replacement? I will say that they seem ready to fix any issue if asked. I showed Mr. Emerson and his daughter my UBR Commander which has the lockbar all the way over, as well as a "modification" I made to get rid of the lock-rock it had developed. I was not the first owner of this UBR. It came to me in fairly poor shape. So I cut a .22 lr shell to size, took the knife apart and slipped it over the lockbar. Lockrock was cured instantly. :D But I should probably still send it in, just haven't had time.

So, no argument on anything you've said (and this is from a big Emerson guy!), but will tell you that if you send it back to them, they will definitely fix the lockup, but it may also be that you could have them put the newer lockbar liner in as a replacement? I will say that they seem ready to fix any issue if asked. I showed Mr. Emerson and his daughter my UBR Commander which has the lockbar all the way over, as well as a "modification" I made to get rid of the lock-rock it had developed. I was not the first owner of this UBR. It came to me in fairly poor shape. So I cut a .22 lr shell to size, took the knife apart and slipped it over the lockbar. Lockrock was cured instantly. :D But I should probably still send it in, just haven't had time.

I will probably do that eventually. I am just not sure how they will fix this as I doubt they have old hd7 lockbars lying around. I have also considered replacing the lockbar with a slightly oversized lockbar but won’t that change how the knife sits closed and thus affect the detent holding the knife shut?

Also they charge for the repairs I believe. I am in Canada which is the real reason I haven’t sent this sucker in yet. The serrations need a sharpening too.

Amazing grind!!! Can’t stop staring...

Words can't describe how awesome that is!
Details please.
Thank you both. It’s a custom Jon Graham “Krazel” Karambit. The grinds truely are amazing. He only made a handful of them. It is triple edged and the scales are Giraffe. I’m never in the “in crowd,” but someone who is, offered to sell it to me. I love Karambits and this is so out there that I couldn’t refuse. Mr. Graham is one of my favorite makers.

Last edited:
Back