EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Greetings friends! Been away from the forums for a couple weeks for a trip back home to the "Shark Bite Capital of the World" (NSB,FL). It wasn't all play, I had quite a bit to get done, but I managed to squeeze as much fun in as possible. We spent a week at the beach, rode out the passing tropical storm (snapped my favorite boogie board in half in the waves), got up for sunrises, stayed out for moonrises, and ended up having a blast overall. We even managed a night kayaking trip in the lagoon during a bio-luminescent algae bloom (it was like paddling in the movie Avatar).

My main carry was the Benchmade HK, which has become my go-to knife for trips back home. It's solid enough to work well as a hard-use/work knife, also works well as an all around knife, and is cool enough to satisfy the knife nut in me; all while being inexpensive enough (relatively) for me to risk in checked luggage. I Also took my SE H1 Dragonfly, Swisstool, and my Surefire Aviator (which can go in my carry-on until I go through security at which point it goes in my pocket). I carried a Pacific Salt that I keep with my gear down there while I was in the water.

884Py1J.jpg

g1t97HL.jpg

GaIsCtI.jpg

mmLCttd.jpg

FpoYfcb.jpg

LM8w3HR.jpg

ZcETxqT.jpg

the moon-rise looked like the sun coming up at night
FbP8EMQ.jpg

YXtL4L0.jpg

GYr5XVS.jpg

vBpBj29.jpg

k34yO4X.jpg

little workhorse

2hoJgUt.jpg

Rex45 with patina is a thing of beauty all on its own, but that is just a fantastic shot! :thumbsup:

Greetings friends! Been away from the forums for a couple weeks for a trip back home to the "Shark Bite Capital of the World" (NSB,FL). It wasn't all play, I had quite a bit to get done, but I managed to squeeze as much fun in as possible. We spent a week at the beach, rode out the passing tropical storm (snapped my favorite boogie board in half in the waves), got up for sunrises, stayed out for moonrises, and ended up having a blast overall. We even managed a night kayaking trip in the lagoon during a bio-luminescent algae bloom (it was like paddling in the movie Avatar).

My main carry was the Benchmade HK, which has become my go-to knife for trips back home. It's solid enough to work well as a hard-use/work knife, also works well as an all around knife, and is cool enough to satisfy the knife nut in me; all while being inexpensive enough (relatively) for me to risk in checked luggage. I Also took my SE H1 Dragonfly, Swisstool, and my Surefire Aviator (which can go in my carry-on until I go through security at which point it goes in my pocket). I carried a Pacific Salt that I keep with my gear down there while I was in the water.

884Py1J.jpg

g1t97HL.jpg

GaIsCtI.jpg

mmLCttd.jpg

FpoYfcb.jpg

LM8w3HR.jpg

ZcETxqT.jpg

the moon-rise looked like the sun coming up at night
FbP8EMQ.jpg

YXtL4L0.jpg

GYr5XVS.jpg

vBpBj29.jpg

k34yO4X.jpg

I think I see a calendar contest winner or 3 in there! Sounds like a heckuva time at NSB. Was just over there a few weeks back myself.

And just like that...another hump day in the books.

ZscJuPI.jpg

Mail call, so I have to shift gears. :D Got a great deal on this used Matriarch 2 on the Exchange (thanks, @Crossdraw!).

It came with a badass bead and a nicely executed fob, which I figured I'd try out before removing it like I always do (and using the bead elsewhere) -- but dang if it isn't a perfect addition to this knife. Makes it easier to draw, and -- to my surprise -- it's unobtrusive and doesn't flop around annoyingly (or at all, really). This has me eyeing all of my other waved knives and wondering what they'd be like with fobs... ;)

8yadvZp.jpg

Back