EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Forgot to put the LadyHawk back on the keys last night and left the house without it. Had the opportunity to go shoot clays this afternoon on this beautiful, wet 55° day :)

c5QzN6S.jpg

That Native Chief looks pretty sweet, Edgeoflife Edgeoflife . I was not much of a fan of back locks for a long time, but have warmed to them since, as I've used my Endura and Delica FRNs more, acquired those two models plus a Police4 in Pakkawood/Hap40, and carry my Police4 K390 fairly regularly. As much as I like those Police models and love my Millies too, the Chief is long and pointy and tip-up carry with the bonus of a lanyard hole at the proper end.

While I'm fine with S30V and G10, I wonder if there'll be another run of S90V and CF. BHQ lists that knife as out of stock but also advertises it as "Coming Soon!" Was that an exclusive with them? Very tempting either way...

I believe the s90v/CF chief is a sprint run as i have seen it listed on other dealer sites as well although no further clues as to when after rechecking today. Haven't seen any out in the wild yet either so hoping its still coming rather than already passed by.

Ive seen pics of your new police pakkawood/HAP40 floating around here and must say im a little envious of that beauty! I really like those KC exclusives and anticipate adding one to the Wooden Wednesday collection soon.

Today though its a mail call with a new Hogue Deka fresh out the box. I couldn't help but grab my bugout immediately to compare the two and was pleased to discover the handle is actually a little thicker than the afore, yet still thinner than average. The lava blue G10 is brighter than anticipated and the compound grind is reminiscent of my ZT 055. In the pocket it went.
AD954E07-9AAA-4DF5-A583-5F9EA31D08E0.jpeg

Looking good together! Around how many years may lie between these two?

Interesting question. The Camillus tang stamps date it from 1941-1946, so about 65 years.
I had to google the Skeletool, since I didn't know what the years of production were. I just read that they only made the basic Skeletool with a plain edge in 2008, before changing to a combo edge. I learned something cool today, thanks!
r3S7uoX.jpg

I believe the s90v/CF chief is a sprint run as i have seen it listed on other dealer sites as well although no further clues as to when after rechecking today. Haven't seen any out in the wild yet either so hoping its still coming rather than already passed by.

Ive seen pics of your new police pakkawood/HAP40 floating around here and must say im a little envious of that beauty! I really like those KC exclusives and anticipate adding one to the Wooden Wednesday collection soon.

Today though its a mail call with a new Hogue Deka fresh out the box. I couldn't help but grab my bugout immediately to compare the two and was pleased to discover the handle is actually a little thicker than the afore, yet still thinner than average. The lava blue G10 is brighter than anticipated and the compound grind is reminiscent of my ZT 055. In the pocket it went.
View attachment 1416475
Looks really nice ! Sadly I canceled my order because I had another addition on the way plus I didn’t want to be greedy :D

Back