EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Same Busker as yesterday, but I've made it pretty since then. View attachment 1451308

NmK928u.jpg

how you liking the smock?

Same shift, different day;)(almost done though:D)

View attachment 1451430
Gorgeous eagle!

i like what im seeing! Maker/model?

0F9A4EAC-7957-4722-A84B-7E97CFF49994.jpeg A little hand rubbed satin this morning:D. Really like this one a lot! Great design, size, weight, carries nicely, amazing action, beautiful F+F and CF/materials, perfect lock geometry, good cutter and ergos, the list goes on and on... if only it had a different deployment method it would be just about perfect. It can be flicked out via the nail nick and can also be front flipped with some focus but really needs a little more leverage as its not designed as a front flipper but as a modern homage to a traditional russian folder, the Belka.

Last edited:
how you liking the smock?

Gorgeous eagle!

i like what im seeing! Maker/model?

View attachment 1451544 A little hand rubbed satin this morning:D. Really like this one a lot! Great design, size, weight, carries nicely, amazing action, beautiful F+F and CF/materials, perfect lock geometry, good cutter and ergos, the list goes on and on... if only it had a different deployment method it would be just about perfect. It can be flicked out via the nail nick and can also be front flipped with some focus but really needs a little more leverage as its not designed as a front flipper but as a modern homage to a traditional russian folder, the Belka.
Beautiful knife my friend !!
Yes still loving the Smock I really don’t have anything bad to say about it. Just very happy all the way around :thumbsup:
I hope your having the same experience with yours.

That’s surprising especially being coated. What blade steel is it ?

It’s 14c28n, but this happens to most steels when dunked in the ocean or cleaning saltwater fish.

It just seems like the coating is sorta encouraging the corrosion. My non-coated Knockout will allow me to polish off the spots. This powdery coating does not.

It’s 14c28n, but this happens to most steels when dunked in the ocean or cleaning saltwater fish.

It just seems like the coating is sorta encouraging the corrosion. My non-coated Knockout will allow me to polish off the spots. This powdery coating does not.
Ok that explains it but agree that coating might be acting like a sponge and absorbing everything.
Edit: I think a Spyderco Pacific Salt would be perfect for you :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Ok that explains it but agree that coating might be acting like a sponge and absorbing everything.
Edit: I think a Spyderco Pacific Salt would be perfect for you :thumbsup:

Yes, I have a few in H1. Zero corrosion and super low maintenance. It’s awesome to put in the surf shorts and for fishing.

The thing about H1, is it is really prone to rolling the edge when cutting anything hard.

I am eyeballing the LC200n versions. Love that green!

Back