EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Wolverine666

Gold Member
View attachment 1501091

Yes... she is mine! Just absolutely beautiful.
Sick knife. Reminds me of one of the Blades of Chaos from God of War.
RAoMMOR.jpg

ChazzyP

Platinum Member
Dear lord, that thing is tickling my berries something fierce. Absolutely beautiful!!
Thanks, Zed. I would be careful with such a knife around one's berries as it's dreadfully sharp and pointy and would likely render a result much more severe and irreversible than a tickle! :eek:

After reading your kind comment yesterday I got out my other two Biryukov's from the Russian drawer of my knife stash just to play with, adjust, and admire and decided on carrying one of those today. This one's a liner lock with an ever-so-slightly longer S90V blade than the Sigma's S125V and scales of red-accented grayish-black CF. It's something of a Unicorn, having picked it up unnamed from a Spanish cuchilleria. I've only ever found one other of its ilk, after considerable internet searching, at a French coutellerie which named it a No. 9 and indicated it was "Produit Indisponible", several of Andrey's models being designated only by number.

I'm very pleased to have my three Biryukov knives, and while they frankly lack the refinement and feel of Shirogorovs or Cheburkovs, they're great values at about 25% the cost of the former and around 60% of the latter. AB's materials are first class with solid F&F and excellent blades, and while the flipping and action of the other two are superior, the Biryukovs open and close just fine with the proper technique.

gSnzDKm.jpg

PTCBzCt.jpg

Here's a pic I posted last Summer that better shows off the red highlights in the CF which show up or not depending on angle and lighting...

KwTwWa9.jpg

...and another taken and posted last Spring of it next to its brother Sigma before Chip gussied that one up for me. :)

QsJnAGH.jpg

Zeroedin

Basic Member
Viper Turn getting a turn today as my “grab and go” for a quick run to the supermarket on a soggy and dark Sunday afternoon. In my neck of the woods, you can’t be over-prepared for a supermarket run; some of these southwest FL seniors are known to get a bit feisty, particularly on Sundays when the checkout lines tend to be long. And I’m no spring chicken myself, my days of being able to outrun an electric supermarket scooter are but a distant memory. Trouble starts and I’ve got no choice....I gotta go “all in”, lol.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, folks.
5kN7yDH.jpg
TB4w6mT.jpg

afishhunter

Basic Member
slight(?) major(?) change from last week:
Retained:
Rough Ryder "Classic Carbon" RR1740 large Stockman and RR2040 Barlow ("T10" carbon steel blades)
Change:
Circa 1978 ~ 1984 Old Timer 7OT with 1095 carbon steel blade is relieving the Smoke Jumper 110LT SFO.

Also retained:
Plain black Buck nylon sheath ("Buck" and the Anvil blacked out) carried horizontally on black military style web belt, with (still shiny :( ) brass buckle.
WIN_20210131_140231.JPG