EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

aX3CWNt.jpg

Leatherman Bond.

ibKDBFE.jpg

Last edited:
This is the second of my current two CKF knives and the third I've owned--I never did warm to the Sukhoi I bought and sold years ago--and having carried the MILK yesterday I continued on with the SSE today. These Russian knives have parts machined in China and are assembled/finished in Moscow, giving them an international provenance, so they definitely qualify for carry on Foreign Framelock Flipper Friday. I shot these pics earlier this morning waiting for the electricians to show up at my clients' home on the other side of town.

zBWsFUN.jpg

QOHrKql.jpg

The Malibu and the Peña X-Series Trapper for me today (the Viper is for size comparison purposes). :)

I've missed owning a front flipper, so I did a ton of watching/reading to figure out which model might be the most to my tastes and the best fit for my current approach to collection and use. I landed on the smaller Peña X-Series models (the ones with the nail nick), and spent some time warming up to their blend of modern and traditional -- which became a bigger and bigger strength the more I thought about it.

This little guy combines a lot of what I love about a traditional slipjoint (notably people-friendliness, compact size, and overall vibe) with everything I love about modern folders in this price range (M390, flawless fit and finish, high fidget factor, frame lock, Ti/micarta mix). That's a pretty unique proposition! :)

SSCFrN8.jpg

Back