EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

One of the best guys in the biz, and they have fantastic CS. their m390 though...could be treated better. Never really been happy with the edge retention. I have 2 247s though and enjoy them all the same.
Your thoughts on Olamic's M390 are interesting, Chuck. I carry and use both my 247 and Rainmaker though not so much as to greatly tax the edges on either. The Rainmaker came, and still is, extremely sharp. The original edge on the 247 wasn't bad but tended toward the meh side of keenness. I ultimately gave it a substantially re-profiled, mirrored edge that cuts very well despite the blade not being particularly TBE.

I like the fact that Olamics have their own particular design language and a number of unique features, much like several other of the top-shelf mid-tech makers (and personal favorites) such as CRK, RHK, Shiro, and Cheburkov, to name a few. You're right, too, that Olamic's CS and responsiveness is outstanding and Eugene is a most cordial correspondent and generous to boot with his time, service, and product. My 247 proudly wears one of his handsomely crafted armored owl beads.

Anyway, your comments got my Olamics out of the drawer and have sealed the deal on this being a Wayfarer Wednesday.

IUxItnq.jpg

8CyOak9.jpg

EQBtnW4.jpg

Last edited:
Back