EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Happy Friday My Blade Brothers and Sisters !!
Should be my Saturday carry less a few mags maybe.. šŸ˜
CpSlsQR.jpg

Heading out to check the farm, I just found out the landowner to the south of me is allowing out of state hunters on his land come deer season. Better not find any tree stands set up on my side of the fence.

Great knives.....Had a cousin that had a farm.....posted. There were hunters that would still try to hunt on her farm

Itā€™s a combination of the action being stiff, which is loosening up with use, the placement/geometry of the thumb stud and the fact that any pressure on the clip or lock bar doesnā€™t allow it to open. It just requires a practiced ā€œfinesseā€ that doesnā€™t quite come naturally.

I think in a perfect world Iā€™d swap the thumb stud for something like I have on my Cheburkov Toucan. Not sure it thereā€™s a name for these or where I would source one, but I think it would offer a better, more natural thumb placement for opening.

If anyone can steer me to one of these to try as a replacement Iā€™d be grateful:
View attachment 1660647
My Russian #1 has the same lockbar sensitivity as what youā€™re experiencing. Come to think of it so does my Shiro Hation Zero, Olamic Rainmaker, and to a degreeā€¦the Olamic Wayfarer.

Iā€™ve just learned to use muscle memoryā€¦.although a good tuning would probably rectify that. But Iā€™m much too lazy for that.

Back