EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

rpyMmnj.jpg

That shape of the Southard is very nice. 🙂
Thanks, man. The curvature of the handle and it's relationship to the Tolk's wickedly handsome blade make the knife visually appealing, set up a great cutting angle, and the feel in hand is exceptional.

The action on your Spyderco Southard in your reply to Edgeoflife Edgeoflife is very nice and the scale mods that accompany his bearing improvements are indeed very interesting, as you mentioned. I had the Spydie version some years ago, and while I liked quite a few things about it, the action and stock scales put me off enough that I sold it. I wonder if I'd done some mods if I'd still have it and would have later been tempted by this one.

I wasn't really planning on carrying the knife for a 5th day in a row, but find it still next to me on what's turning into a fairly lazy Sunday hanging around the house waiting for a 4 PM football game. I do have a lot of basketball paperwork, faxing, and emailing that I have to force myself to do before watching the Pats/Cowboys. In the meantime, I've got a couple pics left over from yesterday...

jZE8GSn.jpg

Edit: After all, why not make it Southard Sunday? :cool:

ZbuWL9s.jpg

Thanks, man. The curvature of the handle and it's relationship to the Tolk's wickedly handsome blade make the knife visually appealing, set up a great cutting angle, and the feel in hand is exceptional.

The action on your Spyderco Southard in your reply to Edgeoflife Edgeoflife is very nice and the scale mods that accompany his bearing improvements are indeed very interesting, as you mentioned. I had the Spydie version some years ago, and while I liked quite a few things about it, the action and stock scales put me off enough that I sold it. I wonder if I'd done some mods if I'd still have it and would have later been tempted by this one.

I wasn't really planning on carrying the knife for a 5th day in a row, but find it still next to me on what's turning into a fairly lazy Sunday hanging around the house waiting for a 4 PM football game. I do have a lot of basketball paperwork, faxing, and emailing that I have to force myself to do before watching the Pats/Cowboys. In the meantime, I've got a couple pics left over from yesterday...

jZE8GSn.jpg

Edit: After all, why not make it Southard Sunday? :cool:

ZbuWL9s.jpg
Absolutely worthy of a fifth day.
Thanks for the feedback about my Spyderco Southard. :)

Back