EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

b5KvY7k.jpg

I'm not much for food pics and I never use my knives at home for kitchen prep as I've got a decent set of Wusthofs that I keep nicely sharpened. I'll occasionally cut a sandwich in two with my EDC on the job site, though I've been known to use a slide-compound saw for that too.

I got a little carried away making cheese-dogs tonight, though, as I thought I might've lost yesterday's carry and was so glad to find it earlier today that I couldn't help but take it out later and use it making us a bite to eat. I had it in pocket last night as I wore jeans to coach the 4Bs and the thought of calling the school to ask if they'd found such an object was not something I'd want to do as knife carry is taboo on school property, though I've most always had something in pocket or in my carry bag over the 25 years I've been coaching and over the 39 student years of my 3 boys (they're a little slow ;):p). I remembered picking splinters out of my hand with it last night, though, and dug deep into my recliner between the seat cushion and arm to find it after looking in all the usual places.

Anyway, not great pics here in the harsh under-cabinet lighting, but fresh ones for the first time in days. We've got Kayem all beef dogs, New England style rolls (what else), and Muenster cheese, with New York style mustard and green relish hiding underneath. Oh, and of course, my beloved Shirogorov F95R in Vanax 37 doing the honors.

18jGFiF.jpg

ZEU8mS4.jpg

The dogs were yummy, but I gotta go wipe down my knife now.

Back