1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Dutchtracker

Dutchtracker Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 26, 2012
    [​IMG]

2. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Just started carrying this "like new" black Rit dyed Cold Steel AD-15 that I recently purchased off of the Exchange.

Was interested in the knife before because of its unique lock design and skeletonized appearance but absolutely HATED the puke green color on the scales of the OEM version. Don't normally like to buy any modified knives but jumped on this when I saw it was available. This is the way it "should" have looked to begin with IMO. It would look even better w/a gray or silver lockbar but the matte pale green finish of the lockbar (that was intended to blend in colorwise w/the puke green G10) still looks ok.

Apart from the lock design, the AD15 is actually very similar in size to the Code 4 that I already owned. However, the Code 4 is cheaper (1/2 the price of the AD15), thinner, lighter and uses CTS-XHP steel (which is arguably better than S35VN). The AD15 feels very good in my hand but the thicker handle is a very noticeable presence in my pocket; not like the Code 4 (and the LionSteel SR1 that I just put away), which just disappears in my pocket. Other than that, I have no complaints about the AD15 and I plan to keep it, but I don't think I'll be carrying it very much. I'd rather carry the Code 4 instead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  3. kagato82

kagato82 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

4. ty_higg

ty_higg KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 16, 2011
    IMG_6048.JPG
    Seems all I carry nowadays is this knife, the zaan, or my #43 never would of thought my edc would be between 3 knives.

5. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
  6. TylerDurden3

TylerDurden3 Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2018
  7. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    How is it?

Edgeoflife and Fullflat like this.
  8. TylerDurden3

May 4, 2018
    Not a lot of use on it yet, just received it last night. Initial thoughts are that I like it. Definitely a keeper.

9. bigolegator

bigolegator Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2014
    FAE10BB8-AA65-486F-843D-18F92BC447B5.jpeg

10. Argle

Argle Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2016
  11. HallsquadSkates1984

HallsquadSkates1984 Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 17, 2018
    After handling it, do you think it would be better with a lanyard hole delete?

Fullflat likes this.
  12. TylerDurden3

May 4, 2018
    I actually think it is a light use striking device. The only problem I have with the pommel is that it is not chamfered and it digs into your palm when opening and closing the knife. I will try and bash it around a little this week to see if it bends or deforms at all. Other than that I don’t see a reason to delete it. With the deep carry clip it leaves a little something to grab on to.

13. OOK

OOK

Oct 13, 2015
    That is one sexy beast!!!! I love it!!!

Fullflat likes this.
  14. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
  15. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
  16. Keyopp

Keyopp Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 14, 2013
    It’s a Black Ice finish. In my pic it seems to have a gold tint, but I think that’s a bit deceiving because of the light reflection it was picking up and a image filter that was applied. All that said, it is one of my favorite finishes.

filtrum, marcus52AR and Fullflat like this.
  17. chambelona59

chambelona59

May 4, 2012
  18. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    Home made pizza and martinelli's with rare steak and the wife's custom knife
    rosied.jpg

19. pehota

pehota

Feb 9, 2015
  20. MikeKu825

MikeKu825 "The Enthusiast" Platinum Member

Aug 27, 2014
    PicsArt_05-01-02.04.16.jpg

Just kidding..