EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Afternoon gents (and the occasional lovely lady)! Sharpening afternoon day. I did the Sebenza 21 tanto on my KME at 14-15 degrees per side. Did the full reprofiling and sharpening, all on the 300 grit diamond plate. Deburred very carefully with the same stone, and then did a light stropping on leather with 4 micron diamond emulsion. Then I messed around with this SAK (that I found on the road) and my Shapton Pro 1000 grit. Reprofiled it to 20 degrees per side and a light stropping on leather with 1 micron diamond emulsion. The KME edge is aggressive as hell and popping hairs of my arm. The whetstone edge is cutting through magazine paper like a madman and shaving arm hair pretty good, but not quite at the same level as the KME edge. I still consider myself kind of a newbie on freehand benchstone action, which is kind of embarassing considering how long I've been a knife nut, but I'm super happy with this edge for my skill level.
mtxNKNO.jpeg

aJ8jZN6.jpg

AK or SKS?
AK. Zastava M70 ZPAP. Early ZPAP without the bulged trunion.

I sold my AR so that answers that question sort of. I still like my Tavor the best.

I just installed a cheek riser on the AK stock and I have a Vortex Spitfire AR prism sight on the way. Just wanted to try a prism.

Eventually as a save more money I'll go full Magpul furniture. The AK is my home/bedroom defense gun. I love the Tavor but it's too expensive to replace if I have to defend myself. Once I move to Wyoming next year it won't matter so much. But Illinois doesn't like law abiding citizens defending themselves.

Back