EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

This month has me at rehab every MWF and this morning I took my Giant Mouse ACE Biblio along. I worked a bit this afternoon, starting the install on the 13' long LCC slider pan/pent roof apron with post boots I've been fabricating over the past few days. I took a favorite work user along with me and had to cut out and peel off a bunch of ice and water barrier installed that compromised the fit. I had to spend time this evening cleaning all the bituminous gunk off its blade. :oops:

Pc8tnBh.jpg

xrCIjlL.jpg

AP7cT8w.jpg

That's really sweet, brother. :cool: Flytanium scales, right? Did you buy their lanyard tube too? What about that clip? You're making me want to pick up a PM2 in upgraded steel and spruce it up like yours.

Thanks man! They are flytanium scales and a flytanium lanyard tube, with an MXG Gear pocket clip. I anodized the pocket clip and lanyard tube bronze. Also heat colored (on the oven) the barrel spacer bronze. Tried to do the stop pin, but got impatient, turned the heat up and left it on a little too long (it’s now more purple then bronze). This is one of my favorite knives. The titanium gives the knife a little more heft and the milled pocket clip feels great in hand. I have two other para 2’s that I did, one with bronze scales and one with copper scales. I like those as well, however they are quite a bit heavier than the titanium. For me the titanium hits the sweet spot.

Spyderco's Seki City backlocks are the absolute cat's pajamas. :D

It's really difficult to articulate why I like the look of the Police so much. It's kind of like most Emersons in that regard: it's a tool, it looks like a tool, and every aspect of its appearance is bent to its purpose. It's not pretty . . . but it's pretty.

32redCi.jpg
I would get gten one, but the spoon clip is too much even for a tool.

Back