EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

IMG-6237.jpg

Slow day at the office. Getting some MacBook Pros ready for new users and playing with the Chaparral.

XNXN0Wp.jpg

Added a sharpening choil and then sand/media blasted the spot to get rid of the shininess. Worked out decently, the somewhat fugly unsharpened spot just annoyed me a bit. Otherwise really happy with it. (Gonna carry the Micreant around the house now. Super lightweight.)

I didn't stray far from the black G10 Tabargan I carried the last two days, opting for one of my true and dear favorites, my original D2 710 that I spent considerable effort improving and restoring after rescuing it from its previous abusive owner. I presently have three--another like this LNIB and my 710-1401 with Keyman Ironwood holey scales--and had two others--one BK gifted to my son with a matching 705 and a 710SBK that I sold.

I was on the job again today, sweating in the sun field at the airless front of the house. I set up to take lunch with my plastic job chair on the lawn in the shade on the cove side with a nice breeze off the water and just sat back when I heard a gurgling sound that could only be one thing--inground lawn sprinklers. I got a bit wet, which actually felt pretty damn good at that point, but wasn't gonna get any knife pics with a scenic background as I scrambled to a drier location. I shot these late afternoon over between the shop and the house after I came home and cooled off.

AWA4bDF.jpg

IalFsNL.jpg

Back