EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

8mdQjPW.jpg

Wow now that's awesome! Is the guy that engraved it on here?

Thanks. The added texturing inspires a more confident grip. I had seen a member posting some engraving work here on the forums recently but had already sent the scale out prior to that. I used a guy off of Etsy that i had talked to about a similar project around a year ago but couldnt decide what knife until now. Not sure what the going rate is but he was more than fair i thought and i would definitely use him again.

That turned out really good! Awesome pattern :thumbsup: :cool:

Did it add a significant amount of traction?

I own plenty of aluminum handled knives and don't mind them but the code 4 finish is not like a benchmade 940 or some Kershaws were the aluminum has a little bit of traction in the finish. The engraving is deep enough to add some traction but mainly breaks up the slick finish of the hard anodize Cold Steel used. I do like their finish as it looks good and seems to be pretty durable just a little slick for my tastes. Much better now :D

There’s something about a set, the large it’s too big for some jobs or might seem inappropriately big too some where the small is more acceptable and I hate to say it this way but it’s true, less intimidating.

People who use and collect, people who don’t carry but understand an accept the necessity of a knife in every day use, then finally there are those who are terrified of anything that might be considered offensive.

I don’t know or associate with many from that last category so I don’t run into that situation often but when I do I have smaller blades knives including a small Sebenza and a traditional slipjoint.

These two go great together, both favoritesof mine and carried often.

LbTnifKh.jpg

Both knives acquiesce as a result of friends here at BFC. The large 21 a gift and the small 21 a birthday Benza a fellow member had and traded to me.

Back