1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. chambelona59

chambelona59

May 4, 2012
    I've been carrying one daily for years, and have a back up in case I lose it.
    Amazingly... I've lost it 5 or 6 times, but always somehow managed to find it.
    I keep it dummy corded to my 'Magnetic' TUMI money clip.. it sticks to it.
    CountyComm made a run of them years ago with H1 steel, I bought two.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ktataragasi

ktataragasi

May 26, 2019
    How do you like the Bareknuckle? I've been thinking of picking one up.

Edgeoflife and Fullflat like this.
  3. TenShun705

TenShun705 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2016
    Yes sir, FFKW retro-fitted it when I sent it back for a spa treatment. Still on the fence about whether it was worth the $70 lol, but I do carry it more often.

tgtodd, ErocSD and Fullflat like this.
  4. ErocSD

ErocSD Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Day 2... micarta is wearing nicely and getting some character...... actions is smoothing out as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Odds

Odds Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Kizer T1 and Kizer Yorkie. Both have been in my pockets since I got them in the mail earlier today. Will probably carry and use them for the rest of the week.

1774BCC5-1EE2-406C-91A9-8625EC3240E2.jpeg

6. Forester_01

Forester_01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2018
  7. onionfan

onionfan

Nov 29, 2008
    Being lazy while the kids swim.
    [​IMG]

8. lzeplin

lzeplin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2012
  9. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    I finished all my trim fabrication for the door replacement project this morning, cut and sanded the interior arch-top template to send to the millwork shop, and made a couple test joins in my shop before heading to the job site to fit, join, and install the pediment along wit the fluted pilasters and kick board.

I seemed to recall @abbazaba and @ScooterG looking for more K390 goodness, so I carried my only example of that today. The Police 4 is so slim in pocket and slicey, it makes a great work knife.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After I dragged my weary ass home after a too long day (bailed out at its end by my loyal son who came by to stow away the myriad tools, supplies, and fasteners I had out), I sat in the shop and shaved a few pointy shingle shards to clean out the PVC adhesive nozzle.

[​IMG]

Lee D, Jpd0144, filtrum and 24 others like this.
  10. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Please excuse my grubby hands.

HOB Kershaw Link... did a lot of work for me today.

Stay cool friends! It’s hot outside!
    7C6C70FD-8A70-4534-8149-F737855613AC.jpeg

11. colin.p

colin.p

Feb 4, 2017
    No Name Beer? Ol' Weston must have bought a trailer load of Labatt's Blue and rebranded it as No Name?

Lapedog and Fullflat like this.
  12. abbazaba

abbazaba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
  13. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Great picture and handsome Zaan! It's on my short list.

14. abbazaba

abbazaba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    Nice! Make it shorter if you can ;) This is the one CRK that I'm certain isn't going anywhere, and I knew it the minute it was in my hand.

filtrum, TenShun705 and Fullflat like this.
  15. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 11, 2018
    IMG_6638.jpg IMG_6635.jpg
    Thats lil guy is sweet! Was just scopin it out on A dealer site earlier. Love the micarta. Must resist...

Civivi plethiros came in today. Its a very unique looking design (as most Ishams are) and feels like its gonna be very useful with the tall FFG grind, the highly arched handle that places the knuckle away from the cutting surface, and its thinness BTE i think its going to be a great performer. Interesting vertical flipper tab and lightweight for a 3.5" blade with a great action as expected.

16. marcus52AR

Apr 22, 2014
    I had one years ago when I was younger (and apparently foolish). I traded it for another knife and have been meaning to replace it. It could possibly be my next purchase. But I'm easily distracted by other sharp things that fold and clack.

17. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    [​IMG]

18. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 11, 2018
    The bareknuckle is the direction i hope Kershaw is heading towards with more ball bearing pivots instead of assisted openers. a full size knife made in the good ol USA and its affordable imo with a good action and a larger and useful blade shape. the aluminum handle has a finish thats not slippery and similar to a BM 940 feeling. My only gripe is the width of the subframe lock and that the handle is not very wide at that point so you have to be very mindful of not putting finger pressure on the lockbar when deploying. I swapped out the stock short deep carry clip for a longer one (HOB style complimentary from Kershaw) and that gave more purchase area for the fingers when deploying and helps to keep them off the lockbar. While sandvik is ok Im hoping for an upgraded steel version to come out but i would recommend getting one as its a good knife and carries nice being thin and not heavy.

ktataragasi and Fullflat like this.
  19. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    You would think so but its clearly not Labatt when you try it. Messed up thing, it is actually pretty good.

ErocSD, colin.p and Fullflat like this.
  20. marcus52AR

Apr 22, 2014
    Lookin' good @ChazzyP