EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

This one double action suddenly moved to 2D.

15672700347080.jpg

And some dog chose to read the "Vader assertive thinking from dark side "...

15672697596770.png
Can’t decide which I like more the cute puppies or the knife .
Puppies win ! :D

I did paperwork this morning, organizing lumber invoices as well figuring out and paying a few small, lingering medical bills, shared a late brunch my wife made us, and changed and headed over to the shop planning to stow away ladders, planks, and misc stuff from the just-completed job. Instead I fooled around with my mortising machine as I'd not used the long-sought-after part I finally obtained that allows the use of the smaller hollow chisels.

CHwXNc3.jpg
JRDWgMx.jpg

I'd been wanting to mortise out a block to hold the old beater chisels I salvaged, reground, and resharpened from my carpenter toolbox and keep in the shop so I don't have to go to the truck when I need a chisel. Lacking a decent piece of material I ripped and ploughed out a PT 4x4 which will at least suffice for now and keep the chisels together and protected.

8Qd5mut.jpg

The PM2 was a little lacking in cleaning out the machined mortises as that PT yellow pine is kinda stringy and holds its moisture, so I grabbed the new Stanley Sweetheart socket chisel set that I hadn't used yet and got all the raggedy-ass material out of the cuts with the eighth-, quarter-, and half-inchers.

1Jn8CTf.jpg

The factory edges on the Sheffield steel still need some refinement and stropping to get rid of the grind-lines and burr, but the half-incher was still plenty sharp enough to open up my thumb quite cleanly.

uOCBmVL.jpg

Last edited:
Back