1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. filtrum

filtrum

Jun 25, 2014
    Oh, great! I should pay bf for teaching me new words.

2. aleforme

aleforme Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Technically, it was yesterday but....

[​IMG]

razorburn, Ryan33, abbazaba and 21 others like this.
  3. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 11, 2018
  4. ggw

ggw Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 13, 2018
    IMG_3920 (2).JPG

Lapedog, Hurrul, kirilpetkov and 17 others like this.
  5. K.O.D.

K.O.D. The Everlasting Know-it-all Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Laying in bed sick. My Three Sisters Forge Beast is keeping me and my sandwich company.

Organic ancient grain bread, turkey pastrami, muenster cheese, olive oil, black pepper, and oregano. Mmm...

[​IMG]

Jaydud, Lapedog, razorburn and 19 others like this.
  6. Fullflat

Fullflat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Get well soon!

abbazaba, TenShun705 and 4mer_FMF like this.
  7. niru

niru

Mar 31, 2016
  8. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    IMG_1169.JPG

Lapedog, Hurrul, razorburn and 23 others like this.
  9. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    20190909_132046-2241x3984.jpg

Lapedog, Hurrul, Filoso and 17 others like this.
  10. halden.doerge

halden.doerge I'll Sharpen Your Knife Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014
  11. filtrum

filtrum

Jun 25, 2014
    Loosin it.

[​IMG]

12. Keyman

Keyman KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 26, 2001
    [​IMG]

JasonPaul, razorburn, Ryan33 and 15 others like this.
  13. benchwarmer380

benchwarmer380 Valyrian Member Platinum Member

Sep 17, 2012
    20190909_193706.jpg

14. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    I had my Hati in my pocket when I headed out this morning for Shirogorov M390 Monday. When I got back to town I picked up another Russian cousin purchased from one of our good friends here. Andrey Biryukov Sigma in S125V with milled-out Ti slabs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. sgt1372

sgt1372 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Switched out from a CRKT Seismic and Kershaw Bareknuckle to a Real Steel Megalodon 2017 Titan Ti M390 today.

Just bought the Megalodon on the Exchange and it's really a great knife for the price. The 4" mostly spear (and drop) point blade, flipper tab, Ti lock bar w/a steel insert that has no lock stick, perfect centering, drop free action, no significant snail trails, a narrow/thin and egronomically well shaped handle that fits perfectly in my hand, nominal wt and a deep pocket clip make it pretty much "perfect" (if there is such a thing) to me.

Kinda of like a ZT 0450 Ti but bigger and better IMO. ;)

[​IMG]

PS: Just got thru comparing the Megalodon w/my Spyderco Nirvana and frankly, as much as I like the Nirvana, I have a hard time justifying why it literally cost me 3x's as much as the Megalodon, because of the Nirvana's notorious lockstick and it's decidedly less than "drop free" action.

The Nirvana's integral Ti handle, nicely machined highlights, flickability (w/the right technique) and its big S90V steel blade don't quite even the scales. I'm not going to sell or toss the Nirvana in the trash but comparing the Megalodon and Nirvana side-by-side certainly proves that you don't need to spend a lot of $ to buy a really nice Ti knife w/premium steel.

A direct face off between the Megalodon and Seismic vs the Nirvana and Bareknuckle also proves that not every knife made in China is of lesser quality in construction and materials as compared w/knives made in Taiwan and the US.

So, here's a pic of the Nirvana with the Seismic, Bareknuckle and Megalodon just to show 3 very nice and affordable knives that you can buy as a group at retail for less than the price of a Nirvana. Sorry for the poor quality of the pic. I'm just not much of a photographer. That's why I steal most of my knife pics from elsewhere on the Net, but I think you'll get the point.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    razorburn, abbazaba, xraso and 10 others like this.
  16. Allan DeGroot

Allan DeGroot

Jun 15, 2019
    My newest is a Kershaw #4035 "Nura", my very first name brand ball bearing flipper, which I bought as a distraction when my New (new to me) 1555TI "Cryo"suffered an assist spring failure ( Yeah, I've already talked to KAI customer service and a new spring is on the way!)

But my new Nura has already been all apart (so I could apply my favorite grease to the ball bearings) and I've even discovered that the blade centering is adjustable!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Fullflat and TheFactor like this.
  17. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    New arrival :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

18. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
  19. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    That's a pretty knife right there, neat finish on the blade.
    G2

20. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Thanks, Gary. I wasn't sure how I felt about the orange peel finish, but the more I handle and look at it the more I like it.

That Native Chief looks nice too. It's one I've been eyeing.