EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

84-ABCD09-B274-425-A-A6-FD-C028-B6-F3-D0-A0.jpg

A week ago @abbazaba posted a Hinderer pic here that included his very cool Armstrong 10-943 nut-driver handle that features a 1/4" female receiver in the butt of the handle, giving the user the option to insert a ratchet handle for extra torque. I just had to have one, googled, found one, and had it ordered PDQ. I've got quality mechanics' tools including multiple 1/2" and 3/8" drive sets, but just a cheap auto parts store counter 1/4" set with sockets, ratchet, extension, and nut driver handle. The Armstrong didn't quite fit in the crappy plastic case plus and, wouldn't you know it, the cheap plastic hinge-type latch broke this very time I opened it--weird, because I've had this thing for well over 20 years. Anyway, I had to cut a strip of double-sided Velcro for a box closure and excise a bit of plastic from the molded case to fit my new driver handle.

My Tabargan is "only" 440C but that steel was once the latest and greatest and the knife has a really wicked edge since its last sharpening.

BwoyEgD.jpg

4eafOcb.jpg

50GCOXr.jpg

Mail call just kicked everything out the pockets for the new bareknuckle exclusive! The detent is noticeably better than my standard bareknuckle and I do like the matte black finish more than I thought I would. Now ill be breaking this one in today while hoping Kershaw will continue to make knives like this, moving away from assisted open for their USA models all together, and the steel upgrade is always welcome!
IMG_0569.jpg

Back