EDChef Pass Around Thread

Pass around should be:

• EDChef

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Prevail

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Barax

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Something different/new (and please explain in a post, thanks!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The bartenders here cut many dozens of lemons, limes, oranges dailey.
Everyone who has used it gushes at it's cutting abilities !
Today the owner is using it and has asked about buying one.
I would say that says it all about this design. !
Dave when you have time message me on the subject of her buying one. I would think stainless steel as mutiple people with little knowledge of knife maintenance will be using it.
Congrats David on creating such a usefull design.
Also I need the information for sending this one to it's next destination.

I gifted on to my mother in aebl after getting one for her in 15n20 for the same reasons. Now there's "mom's mom's knife" and "dad's mom's knife" at my parents house. The stainless one is just as killer as the carbon. I've been really impressed by the aebl, super easy to get screaming sharp and keep that way.

Imma keep this one thru the weekend, and pass it on early next week.
David I think bars and restaurants are good potential customers for Edc Chef knives.
Assuming you have time to do the marketing.

Imma keep this one thru the weekend, and pass it on early next week.
David I think bars and restaurants are good potential customers for Edc Chef knives.
Assuming you have time to do the marketing.
I'd be into a commercial grade EDChef - thin and in a tough stainless steel.

The Edc Chef was shipped to the next volunteer this morning.

I had a chance to use the EDChef tonight. I cut up some carrots to add to beef stew.

It was comfortable to hold in a pinch grip with my pointer on the spine. VERY easy to control. I never once worried about my fingers getting nicked or dinged.

So far I like using it. I'm going to keep it for a few more days and cut some meat once or twice and cut up some pizza ingridients.

Pineapple and Green olives. 🤭😎🥳🤗 Maybe some cheese curds

I didn't vote one way or the other on cheesecurds, and while I would never choose these two, the truth is I have had both pineapple and olive when I forgot to specify against them. I survived, at least. ;)

sliced up some artichoke hearts this evening without incident. it left a nice bit of color on the blade.

I'm going to make a pizza, this will consist of cutting olives and maybe even cheese curds as toppings. Maybe even some steak. I'll most likely pass it on by monday or Tuesday.

I really like it so far. It's a very capable design. Ill be speaking with DM about acquiring one!

Thank you again for the try out.

Thanks for trying it out!

How about pictures to see how the patina is progressing? After spending some time cutting citrus and now pizza stuff I'm willing to bet it looks fantastic.
give me a minute. I'm coming to the boring part of LOTR: The Two Towers...
I cleaned the citrus patina off.
This is correct. it came to me in pristine shape. I however will be passing it on as is. I'll touch the edge up though.

my wife gave me the most EPIC eye roll as she asked what I'm doing
I was pleasantly surprised how clean the steel behaved.
I haven't played with 1084 before, and it didn't tarnish that much......compared to Other steels i own.

I think I'm going to want something in it some day, I was impressed

This is on to the next participant.

I really enjoyed using it. The ergonomics and blade geometry worked well to make food prep easy and safe.

I never felt like the cutting edge or point were out of my control.
The only thing I would change is to add a sharpening choil or have the micarta from the handle not extend all the way down to where the blade edge is.

9.5/10 because nobody's nerfect.

🤓 Thanks David Mary David Mary Stay frosty up there. We're rooting for you.

Last edited:
Pardon my delayed reply, for some reason I didn't get the notification to this. Thank you so much for your kind appraisal of the EDChef Mark II.

The only thing I would change is to add a sharpening choil or have the micarta from the handle not extend all the way down to where the blade edge is.

You might like the EDChef Mark I then. It looks like this:

IMG_8977.JPG
IMG_8959.JPG
IMG_8441.JPG
IMG_8570.JPG

Back