• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

EK&T Companion S35VN 6" EDC

Brian.Evans

Registered Member
This is the official third run sales thread.
11/16/2015 @ 0030:
26 Companions left.

11/16/2015 @ 0938
15 knives left. Some of those have boxes that are beat up and are not presentation level. The knives are fine, the boxes are shot. I will be selling those knives at a slight discount. The base price for a BBS (busted box special) will be $75. Let me know if you would like one.

11/16/2015 @ 1700
SOLD OUT!
4th RUN COMING!
Email me or check my subforum in the Hosted Knifemakers Subforums section for the 4th run waitlist. THANK YOU BLADEFORUMS!

I've carried one for a few months now and I have to say, I love it. It has never failed and has always done what I've asked of it. What more can you ask from a Companion?

But don't take my word for it! (How's that for cliche?) Here are what some of the guys from the first run are saying about it......

herisson
....I finally get a necker that combines lightweight and cutting power. The ergonomic and handfilling handle allows for some real cutting work... at a necker weight.....That little big knife is sharper than a razor and so swift, watch them fingers!

slims_88
I always have a gripe about a knife, my biggest one with this, is it wasn't made sooner.

bloody_pawprint
It's a nice EDC because it's lightweight, slim, but every bit as capable as any of the other knives I carry, if not more. I usually carry three knives, and I found this one being my default "go to" when I needed to grab one. It's just comfortable, and sharp enough to cut anything I would put in front of it (I'll add I'm not a master sharpener by any means, but I keep my EDC knives pretty darn sharp). Out of the box, this one stands right up next to all the others I use. This knife is a user, and that's the way I like 'em.

bretlacoe
This is a great knife! The quality is as good or better than what I'd expect from a high end production knife. I couldn't make up my mind so I got the G-10 and the carbon fiber scales - they both look great on the knife so you can't go wrong with either of them. I'm pretty picky when it comes to knife quality but I have nothing bad to say about this one. Get one while you can, you won't be disappointed!

Hale Storm
Beautifully designed, highly functional, Mid-Tech fixed blades in S35VN with G10 for less than a C-note. Wow!

Here is a great three part review by Ed G:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1334425-Review-EK-amp-T-Companion-Part-I

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1334431-Review-EK-amp-T-Companion-Part-II

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1334434-Review-EK-amp-T-Companion-Part-III

cutlerylover did a great review on the Companion as well. Check it out HERE.

It is my goal to have the best warranty of any knife you own. I already have the best customers in the world, I want to give back to all of you with the best warranty in the world.

To that end, this is my warranty:
If it breaks I will repair or replace it at no cost, for as long as I'm making knives. **No matter what.** The guarantee follows the knife. If it has my signature on the blade, it's covered.

Specs:

OAL: 6"
Handle: 3.125"
Tip to scales: 2.875"
Cutting edge 2.75"
Blade height: 0.75"
Thickness: 0.56"
Stock thickness: 0.125"
HRc: 57-58
Also, since I keep getting asked.....YES, the sheath is included. Not because I wanted to, but because if I didn't there would be an unused weirdly shaped hole in the foam lining of the box. :rolleyes:

Price List:
Black G10, Orange G10, standard: $84 Standard colors come with one set of scales.

Ghost Jade, Blue, Red, Purple Scales: $7 per set. Order your favorite color, or two or more colors if you can't decide! I'll install the color you want, and include the black or orange scales in a little baggie in the box.

Carbon Fiber: $25. Last run they sold out before I even put the knife up and this run most are already spoken for. If you want more from life, and want your knife to be different than everyone else's, you need carbon fiber. They make the knife dead sexy.

Box signed inside: $250 Hey, it's an investment. I might be famous some day and it could be worth a lot of money. You might be able to retire to Florida, or at least Ohio on that signature........or I'll just sign it for free. Your choice. Feel free to give me $275 dollars for it though. See, you should have gotten it when it was only $250. It's already worth more. That's how fast these things can take off........
Signatures are now $429. They will be more expensive on the fourth run. Supply and demand you know, should have paid more attention in second grade microeconomics class.......although I'll still sign them for free too......

SINCE SOME PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND.........THE BOX SIGNING IS SATIRE. SERIOUSLY GUYS? A $100 KNIFE AND A $400+ SIGNATURE? I'M NOT THAT ARROGANT. IT'S A JOKE! JUST LIKE MOST OF MY JOKES, NOT THAT FUNNY AND NOT RECOGNIZED AS A JOKE......

Due to an extreme lack of quality control during scale production, almost all the scales I received were not up to the level I demand in an Evans Knife and Tool Product. The carbon fiber was completely out of spec, and most of the G10 scales had doubles of one side in them instead of a left and a right side. I sent a scathing email and I will have this problem rectified soon, hopefully within a week. All my current stock of carbon fiber and jade scales have been taken by preorders.

If you want a knife, go ahead and order. I will send your knife with black or orange standard scales immediately and then send the extra scales when they come in. To offset the hassle, I will eat shipping on the scales and I will knock the price of carbon fiber scales to $25 instead of $35 and the price of all other scale upgrades to $7 instead of $10. That will save you around 30%. I sincerely apologize. Anyone who has already paid, I will be emailing you to verify and also refunding the extra $10 or $3.

Email is preferred. Sometimes pm doesn't go through. Time stamp is the determining factor no matter the way I receive your order. Please send your bladeforums handle, your real name, and your address when you email. It gets screwy when I receive ten emails at a time and I try to figure out if the handle ILUVKNIFESNOREALLYILUVKNIFES belongs to Jeff or Jim.........

Standard shipping is $7 domestic, international get in touch with me and we'll figure something out. I've sent knives to Germany and France, and I'm sending knives to Bulgaria and England this run. It's doable and took barely over domestic shipping time to get to France. I know, I know......I couldn't believe it either.

Carbon Fiber
IMG_3013.JPG

Orange G10
IMG_3017.JPG

Red G10
IMG_3022.JPG

Ghost Jade G10
IMG_3019.JPG

Blue G10
IMG_3021.JPG

Purple G10
IMG_3018.JPG

Black G10
IMG_3020.JPG

Sheathed with Key Chain Fob
IMG_3023.JPG

0918151740.jpg

This Companion has upgraded carbon fiber scales. Black G10 is standard, but any upgraded colors also come with the black scales in a little baggie, like shown.
0918151741.jpg

0918151741b.jpg

Dog tag/key chain/mini key/flat head screwdriver.
0918151742a.jpg

0918151742b.jpg

0918151743.jpg

0918151743a.jpg

0918151743b.jpg

0918151743c.jpg

0918151743d.jpg

By the way, that isn't a generic font signature. That's my actual signature. Every knife I sell has my signature on it. If my name's on it, I back it up.
0918151744.jpg

Sharp, right out of the box, like a knife should be.
0918151745.jpg

Check out this thread for more user pictures. My personal rescue version is in there as well, so you will know what the orange looks like.

[URL="http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1329048-EK-amp-T-Compani

Last edited:
I'll take a black G10 and add the carbon fiber scales. Also sending email.
Stubb

I got mine last week and it's awesome. If you're on the fence get one!

Hi
Great knife!

I will take a black g10 and carbon scales.
Thank you
You got it sir. Please shoot me an email. Your total will be $116 shipped. My PayPal address is evansknifeandtool@gmail.com.
I got mine last week and it's awesome. If you're on the fence get one!
Thank you! I'm glad you are loving it. Post some pictures up in the Companion picture thread in my subforum!
Black G10 and carbon scales plz

Jim
Absolutely! Please shoot me an email. Your total will be $116 shipped. My PayPal address is evansknifeandtool@gmail.com.
Any chance of a wood or bone/antler version?
Not at this point, but you could easily get a custom maker to craft a set for you! Stag handles would look even sexier than carbon fiber!!

Oh.. Man, is there any left..? I take one with red scales... And carbon scales if any left ?

I really like my knife I got from you, carry it in my front pocket usually. I was wondering if theres anyway I could buy just a set of the carbon fiber scales at some time, no rush. Thanks.

Oh.. Man, is there any left..? I take one with red scales... And carbon scales if any left ?

There are knives left. I'm now in back order status with the CF scales. See the original post for those details. If I talk about it again I'm just going to get angry.....

Regardless, I will be more than happy to put you on the back order list for CF. I would go ahead and get a red knife now though.

Your total will be $98, shipped. My paypal address is evansknifeandtool@gmail.com. I'm shipping the first batch out tomorrow. Make sure you send me an email with your real name and address so I don't screw up and credit your payment to someone else!

Last edited:
I'll take a black G10 and ghost jade G10 scales. Email sent.

Last edited:
If you have any left I want one. Color preferences ghost jade, blue,red, purple orange and black. I know I may have missed today's shipment but no worries. Let me know the you got this and the price and I will PayPal it to you.
Thanks a lot.
TC

If you have any left I want one. Color preferences ghost jade, blue,red, purple orange and black. I know I may have missed today's shipment but no worries. Let me know the you got this and the price and I will PayPal it to you.
Thanks a lot.
TC
Awesome order.

Your total is $126 including shipping. My PayPal address is evansknifeandtool@gmail.com. I might be able to get yours out today.

Back