Elastic Ceramic knife - 2,350 cuts by Cedric & Ada

These look very interesting and fun to experiment with. How did you guys purchase these? I just looked on their website and I don't see them.

I bought a couple of their smaller knives. They are very sharp and hold their edge as you'd expect. The edge is not toothy at all, so on smooth things like tomato skin they slide a bit before cutting. On things like meat they cut as though they're going through butter. They seem to handle a bit of sideways pressure on the dge (if you're scraping food along a cutting board for example) and torqueing, despite being so thin, so the 'elastic' side of the ceramic seems pretty good. I've got no complaints so far after a year of use.

Direct from source for small paring "Pilot" to me in mid-USA would cost ~$67 USD , with delivery and tax .

Most of that total is just the delivery and taxes . Knife is only 17.50CHF .

I'll wait to buy from USA retailer, if shipped free .
Edit :
Wait a moment ! They say free shipping over 100CHF .

Last edited:
I read thru the posts pretty quickly so apologies if this got covered, but does anyone think such a blade could be used reliably in a folder such as a Spydiechef or Salt? Maybe the elasticity would be a problem or create a situation where the blade wouldn’t be dependable in a folder? Seems like someone would’ve done it already if it presented advantages.
Thanks
Allan

think such a blade could be used reliably in a folder such as a Spydiechef or Salt?
I’d pick steel vs ceramic in any kind of utility folder.

As for long-term use… Has anyone been able to get these back to “sharp” after dulling??

I’ve never sent a knife in for re-sharpening, but I’m tempted in this case as I can’t get the edge past working edge/paper-cutting sharp now (even using the recommended diamond films).

If you’ve gotten a shaving sharp edge from dull please let me know how. 🙏

Back