Emerson Confidence

Lycosa maybe try a cqc-15. I'm a huge 7 and super 7 fan and it works for me its such a practical knife and you still get your 7 tip and a taste of the commander. Only real complaint I have of the 15 is I wish the recurve was more in the center like the commander for rope cutting and things like that.

Metal made fox, so tired of hearing this over and over again on BF when it comes to emerson, I'm sure there are knives out there that use better materials for the price blah blah, I don't care. I actually USE my knives and emersons work better than allot of knives I've used when put to the test. So many threads in the emerson area on BF are hijacked by someone complaining about some aspect of emerson they don't like. There's a reason that on other forums, and in circles where knives aren't bought for just show pieces emerson knives are highly respected. If you really think your rat 1 is going to stand up to more hard use than an emerson, you really haven't learned anything more about knives, or your just blatantly trying to bad talk a product. I've used emerson knives on deployments, on multi-week long minimalist hikes and ive never had a problem. Yes I've gotten knives from emerson messed up, I wish they were more on top of this, yes the CQ should be better, and seems to have improved, but their still excellent knives. Despite all this, myself and countless others still chose Emerson knives every day because of what they really are, not what we perceive them to be behind their fancy carbon fiber handles and golden blade inlays.

Last edited:
I'd also like to add that to all you who say...

For the price emerson knives / I'll never buy (an / another) emerson because.... The logo on the blade was smugged, the centering was off, for the price you can get a knife with better materials, for the price it shouldn't have a liner lock, the edges of the handle dont match up perfectly, the jimping has scuff marks on it, the parts should be all polished and nice looking for the price range, and the blade steel isn't that good. Don't buy an Emerson, EKI won't say that, but I will. EKI doesn't have a problem selling knives, he could probably sell used toilet paper to his fan boys at this point. Just don't buy another Emerson so that way a soldier, fireman, police officer, or operator can get ahold of one and actually use it do the world a service.

These are words of wisdom right here. Thank you OnionPoptarts, you said it much better than I could have.

Also, am I the only one who thinks a caramelized onion poptart sounds like the bees knees???

Thanks, guys. Mk
MrPocket- Do not ever sell your Emersons. You might find yourself rotating different folders but you will come back to an Emerson.
rolf

No. Never. I am one of the few that has never sold a knife before. I have gifted two before but never sold. Love my 7. :)

Thanks, guys.
The Emerson-thing is like the Hartsfield-thing. Many peeps do not understand the knives these makers make or made. Once they do understand, they love them. And then there's the other camp and that's ok.
Phill Hartsfield told me that all he worried about was taking care of his customers.
I do like the CQC13 also.
rolf

Back