1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

End the Mystery 2019- Grab Bag reveal!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by n850gt, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Twiztids4

Twiztids4 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Let’s see some more pictures! I don’t think I’ll be seeing mine for atleast another week :(

-edit- Writing in this thread must have been good luck. Just got my tracking info and I’ll have 8 pounds of infi Monday :)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Ironkid883, Chris A and duramax like this.
  2. mazibuko

mazibuko Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2012
    I've got 5 pounds coming on Monday too! 1k bag.

Ironkid883 and Twiztids4 like this.
  3. JenWrath

JenWrath

Aug 30, 2016
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Pretty darn excited!! The smaller guy is impossibly light and they're both perfectly balanced. Very happy with my first Busses.

4. punk909

punk909 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 11, 2007
    [​IMG]
    Wife ordered me a $500 grab bag for Christmas. Scored a hog Gemini black/ orange -blk g10.....giggity

5. Stiihl

Stiihl

Aug 31, 2017
    $500 bag Hog Gemini [​IMG]

6. Ironkid883

Ironkid883 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Wow there have beem some lovely cs models and some nice infi pop up too .
    I am waiting on my shippind notice looking forward to seeing whats in mine id be happy with any of the bags still wanna see pivs of that cuatom shop.mountainmandu tho....

7. mazibuko

Sep 9, 2012
    Is that midnight blue coating? Looks awesome. Was that a $500 or $1000 bag? Sorry I don't have any idea of the value of those models. It's a fantastic pair!

8. mazibuko

Sep 9, 2012
    Got my 1K bag! FMV14 and Custom Shop Hog Badger (I think - please correct me if I'm wrong). Burl on the CS is awesome.

IMG_20190119_170722.jpg

IMG_20190119_170734.jpg

9. wireman12

wireman12 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 19, 2017
    Thats a purdy Hog Badger. Great 1k grab bag :)

mazibuko likes this.
  10. David Lennon

David Lennon Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 26, 2017
    Really like that black on black Flak Jack might contact Amy to see if there are any left over one of the days

11. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    Cant go wrong with a grab bag, well, unless you miss out like I did this year.

12. emt1581

emt1581

Dec 28, 2011
    I definitely plan to buy one again the next time they're offered. Not sure if it's around the same time each year every year but I am really happy that I ordered one. And I could be missing some but it seems like all blades were INFI which is great!

While I loved getting what I got (pic on page 1), I ended up trading my CG Flak Jack and $40 for a B8LE and I'm absolutely thrilled with it!! I tried my hand at etching last night and have had citristrip on the DS6 for 24 hours now...coating still isn't crinkling off.

DamascusBowie and Twiztids4 like this.
  13. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    Some great scores in those bags; LOVE those custom Hog Badgers!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

14. Twiztids4

Twiztids4 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 17, 2014

If the coating is still stuck on there lather it up really good again with more citistrip. Place in an air tight bag if possible and place over one of your registers in your house to keep it warm (or in the sun if it’s summer time). Should scrape off 24 hours later with a plastic razor blade. I usually walk around the handles with a smaller wire brush. They usually come off within 24 hours for me. The last couple Busses I stripped I needed to reapply and wait another 24 hours since I was doing it in my cold garage.

David Lennon likes this.
  15. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    These CS Hog Badgers that you guys are getting are rediculously awesome.

David Lennon likes this.
  16. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Really scores everyone !!!!! Thanks for sharing :)

David Lennon likes this.
  17. JenWrath

JenWrath

Aug 30, 2016
    Yeah it is! It's quite gorgeous in person, thank you sir. Was the $500 grab bag. Next time these pop up, I'm going a $1000 one - very impressed with this quality. They were both between 320~330 on the little price tags.

mazibuko and Ironkid883 like this.
  18. MadMarkie

MadMarkie Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 8, 2013
    1K bag landed last week....
    [​IMG]

David Lennon, rpn, Apocalyps and 7 others like this.
  19. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Damn! You scored! These are all super nice! I'm definitely getting in on the black friday deals this year!

Question for those that know - Regarding the discounted shop credit that was offered for Black Friday, could that have been used for the "Last Rites" Ganzaa that we just had our is it for custom shop orders only?

20. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Is that a HOG Gemini or standard? Epic GB!