ENDED - David Mary Chef Knife Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some know, I have long awaited the release of the Spyderco Resilience in S35VN. Now that it is available from some American resellers, I asked in my shop thread if anyone would consider buying it, and prepping it appropriately for shipping to Canada, in exchange for an EDChef XL in 15N20 which I have on the bench at the time of this post. Anyway I received a few generous offers, including jbmonkey jbmonkey who offered to buy the knife free and clear for me, and suggested I give the EDChef XL away as a giveaway. His message was preceded ever so slightly by another, so that didn't end up happening, HOWEVER, it is such a great idea and expression of kindness and generosity, that I told him I would do a giveaway, inspired by his generosity. Not one to be outdone, he offered to pay the full price of whatever knife I end up giving away, but in the end he relented and allowed me to pay half.

So with no further ado, I have settled on my choice for the giveaway knife. I will be making a 14" overall chef knife in 8670, with the "Micarta Madness" style handle like I did on these pieces. So basically burlap with black and natural canvas liners and natural pins.

Post here to enter the giveaway. I will draw a winner once the knife is made. That is your deadline to enter. No guarantees when that will be exactly, but I am going to try to do it soon. You have anywhere between 12 hours and 1 week to enter.

View attachment 1752280
View attachment 1752281
View attachment 1752282
View attachment 1752283

Good luck!

David
I’m in

As some know, I have long awaited the release of the Spyderco Resilience in S35VN. Now that it is available from some American resellers, I asked in my shop thread if anyone would consider buying it, and prepping it appropriately for shipping to Canada, in exchange for an EDChef XL in 15N20 which I have on the bench at the time of this post. Anyway I received a few generous offers, including jbmonkey jbmonkey who offered to buy the knife free and clear for me, and suggested I give the EDChef XL away as a giveaway. His message was preceded ever so slightly by another, so that didn't end up happening, HOWEVER, it is such a great idea and expression of kindness and generosity, that I told him I would do a giveaway, inspired by his generosity. Not one to be outdone, he offered to pay the full price of whatever knife I end up giving away, but in the end he relented and allowed me to pay half.

So with no further ado, I have settled on my choice for the giveaway knife. I will be making a 14" overall chef knife in 8670, with the "Micarta Madness" style handle like I did on these pieces. So basically burlap with black and natural canvas liners and natural pins.

Post here to enter the giveaway. I will draw a winner once the knife is made. That is your deadline to enter. No guarantees when that will be exactly, but I am going to try to do it soon. You have anywhere between 12 hours and 1 week to enter.

View attachment 1752280
View attachment 1752281
View attachment 1752282
View attachment 1752283

Good luck!

David
what an incredibly kind offer from you and this generous patron, im in!

View attachment 1752280
View attachment 1752281
View attachment 1752282
View attachment 1752283

Good luck!

David
I'd like to be entered for the giveaway

Friends, I sent the following message to moderators Knarfeng and Rycen, containing the randomized order of contest entries:

Order of entry:

yoko
tejasandre
box_opener
CDHumiston
FSA
Tinfoil hat timmy
mb>
Spats McGee
Acast285
notaflashyguybyanymeans
liferung
juxt
adamfuzzyballs
buckeyebladefan
jlauffer
drakerebel
dan35
drop bear
murphjd25
bigfattyt
woodysone
zieg
zulus
tla
crag the brewer
dave_dutchman
Sharp&Fiery
Rufus Magnus
Wild Willie
Comprehensivist
SneezySky
Corey.L
CVamberbonehead
Madranchtx
Lovetheblade
masongauthier

After randomization:

zulus
Wild Willie
SneezySky
Lovetheblade
yoko
Spats McGee
Rufus Magnus
dan35
drop bear
tejasandre
liferung
crag the brewer
box_opener
woodysone
murphjd25
CVamberbonehead
notaflashyguybyanymeans
Corey.L
Tinfoil hat timmy
jlauffer
adamfuzzyballs
CDHumiston
FSA
tla
juxt
bigfattyt
Comprehensivist
zieg
Acast285
drakerebel
masongauthier
buckeyebladefan
Sharp&Fiery
mb>
Madranchtx
dave_dutchman

And Blues was kind enough to pull a number from 1 to 36 out of a random number generator here, which resulted in "34".

David asked me to run the generator, (I haven't read the thread to see who has entered), and the number generated is:

View attachment 1754471

That means mb> mb> you are the winner of this contest, and will receive an example of my humble work with nothing required from you except an email or PM so we can get the ball rolling on shipping this out to you. Thank you every one for participating!

David

IMG_5365.JPG
IMG_5372.JPG
IMG_5366.JPG
IMG_5367.JPG
IMG_5368.JPG
IMG_5369.JPG
IMG_5370.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back