1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Endela

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by anthony cheeseboro, May 23, 2019.

1. blades&wrenches

blades&wrenches Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Exactly!

mnblade and anthony cheeseboro like this.
  2. RickJ

RickJ

Mar 2, 2003
    I must say my Endela came with one of the best edges I have ever seen. I must say that I like everything about this knife, it has 0 negatives.

3. blades&wrenches

blades&wrenches Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I want one in HAP40 or V-Toku2!
    I will add that the Endela is bar none the smoothest and most well finished of all the Japan FRN lockbacks I’ve owned.

4. Gramps

Gramps

Nov 17, 2002
    Just picked one up...very nice...typical Spydero quality, design, function, and execution. PM2 size is very functional. Brand new design, but in my book already tried and true. I can't decide if it will replace my EDC Polestar; I LOVE that knife!

These would be nice to have with the Endura/Delica colored handles.

5. TimboKhan

TimboKhan

Apr 3, 2008
    This Endela may not seem like a big deal to some, but this mid-size option excites me. I am a lifelong Endura fan, and while Delicas are nice, this middle option just seems about perfect for a new number one EDC. That said, I spent my monthly knife money on a Smock, so it will have to wait.

6. cabfrank

cabfrank

Jun 21, 2010
    I agree with you completely. I am a Salt guy, and the Salt and Pacific Salt are comparable to the Delica and Endura. I think a middle Goldilocks size is/would be a great addition to both lines. I'm sure the Endela will be very popular, and if so, a salty Endela will probably follow. We seem to agree, all three sizes are practical, and worth owning.

7. DShiflet

DShiflet

Jan 25, 2013
    That's what I'm waiting on. I'll get one, but I'm waiting for some color over the basic black.

8. Kiteman72

Kiteman72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Mine Too! (the edge I mean). :thumbsup:

I picked up the last Plain Edge at the Factory Outlet on Monday and couldn't be more pleased with it.

9. GrobTheory

GrobTheory

Sep 2, 2016
    Positive feedback here, loved the Endela for the past few months and would buy the heck out of an m390 or 20cv version =)

10. hobnob

hobnob

Dec 18, 2009
    Buying the Endela was a no-brainer for me. I EDC the Delica, but this will share pocket time. The Endela is preferred over the PM2 and Manix. Yes I'm a left handed backlock junkie. I can't wait for other steels and colors.

11. jazzz

jazzz

Feb 1, 2009

But none of them are as light and narrow, or feel as good in the hand. It's an excellent knife. Good enough that I bought a PE and SE.

orangejoe35 and 4mer_FMF like this.
  12. James Y

James Y

Feb 18, 1999
    The Endela seems to be doing very well. I check a couple of my favorite online vendors now and again, and it’s not uncommon for them to be temporarily out of Endelas, especially the plain edge version. I still haven’t purchased one yet, but plan to.

And just because Spyderco already has knives in the same basic dimensions doesn’t mean there’s no place for the Endela. People like different things. It may not be ‘flashy’, but many people prefer something basic. I prefer Spyderco’s simpler or more basic models to most of their more unusual models, and the former tend to stay around in the lineup much longer than the latter.

Jim

AF likes this.
  13. archieblue

archieblue Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2001
    My next Spydie will be a waterway but the Endela sure seems like the ideal sized Seki backlock. As mentioned earlier, it is a real Goldilocks size. A hair under 3.5” gets the nod from me! Though I have both I really prefer damn near every aspect of the Endura over the Delica.

14. kniferbro

kniferbro

Jan 22, 2011
    I don't know if I can hold out any longer on sprint Endelas... so close to pulling the trigger on one

15. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Only if enough people buy the base model can/will Spyderco consider sprint runs with better materials. So go ahead pull the trigger.;)